NOT ADMIT IT.
YOU CHOSE THE CHEAP WHEY TO SHIP RATHER THEN SPEND A COUPLE BUCKS MORE, I
HOPE YOU CAN FACE PEOPLE KNOWING YOU HAVE LIED TO AND ABOUT A CHRISTIAN,
REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND ADMIT YOUR LIES
AND YOU COULD STILL BE SAVED BUT UNTIL YOU DO ADMIT YOU HAVE LIED ABOUT ME,
YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO HEAVEN, GOD BLESS YOU, JESUS STILL LOVES YOU AND
WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU IN HEAVEN, TO BAD HE WILL NOT

After I quit laughing , I sent him this reply:

Icon_lol 357 Boy...you're going straight to Hell now aren't cha Dave! Just throw a Hail Mary and go for the touchdown....wait, is that how its supposed to work???

As for e-Bay I've bought a ton of stuff off e-bay. I usually stick to trusted sellers who I've bought from before (keep them as Favorites) or go with sellers who have had almost zero negative feedback and have been around for sometime. Not to say that eventually I won't get dinged sooner or later. To put some perspective on it, you could go through life shopping at an LHS (or any store) for years and then one day find out the owner is a creep and has been ripping off customers for years. Just saying. A question of "buyer beware" that's all.

tetters: I have bought & sold over a thousand items on E Bay & only had about a half-dozen problems, but it seems that every time I do ---it's a doozy. It will either be some whako like this , several times I have encountered some "christian" who wants to teach me "The Way" OR send me straight to hell .
If not that it will be someone who has a son, husband, brother, or uncle who is a cop , postal inspector , C.I A. or F.B.I. who is in the "Internet fraud division" who will be on my doorstep shortly.
Most folks on E Bay are pretty good people --both buyers & sellers . I've had some really go the extra mile, like the guy who was selling hot wheels cars that I sent a picture of the junkyard Cord that I built out of 2 volks wagon halves, telling him I had done that long before H/H built a real Cord --- a few days later a H/H Cord showed up in the mail -- for free Or the man who I bought some 1/64 cars from that sent me an E mail that one of the cars was missing a mirror & I could cancel the deal if I wanted, I told him I planned on making "junk cars" out of them any way so it was not a problem, send them anyway---- He E mailed back that he put a little "something extra in the package " to compensate for the damage --- it turned out the "extra' was a Danbury Mint 1/32 56 T bird!!
Al in all E bay is OK --as far as the people on it -- as for E Bay itself --- & some of their Hi handed ways------ Bleeegh!!! Shoot
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
ngauger Wrote:In addition to Ralph's comment, Big Blue/The-Gauge.net stands by our rules that basically state that the content of any post is the opinion of the poster.. Therefore the poster is responsible for any and all information.
I fully support the content of my views and understand that they may or may not be endorsed by the administrative staff.

:mrgreen:
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!
BUMP!

I ran across this thread today and it brought a laugh or two remembering the whole episode --- perhaps it will bring a smile to some faces today-- I hope it does -- It was really more funny than a problem.
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
Sumpter250 Wrote:This, is why I choose to never buy on Ebay. I'm too old for all that grief.

And a BIG AMEN on that brother Pete! 2285_ Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:This, is why I choose to never buy on Ebay. I'm too old for all that grief.

Some people live and breath eBay. One relative of ours has packages coming and going and I'm not sure what the point is other than buying low and selling higher. Like you guys, I'm not sure it's worth the risk, especially since we don't need that much anyway. I'm kind of old school, if you need something, go to the store and buy it. If you want someone else's old junk, go to a yard sale or swap meet where you actually get to see what your buying before you take it home.

As for invoking the Christian aspect in this, I'm constantly getting offers to be part of a multi-million dollar swindle to sneak this money out of some foreign country. Each one of this offers ends in, "God bless", or some other Christian quote. A true Christian wouldn't try to get you involved in stealing millions of dollars, nor would they try to blame you for something they did wrong, just like this person did. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:About a half hour later I get this E Mail :
Dear camwtatt,
YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO HEAVEN, GOD BLESS YOU, JESUS STILL LOVES YOU AND
WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU IN HEAVEN, TO BAD HE WILL NO T

Dave,
I have a stock answer for people like that. It goes -----
You're a good Christian, these words should be familiar to you------------
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, and none shall come to the Father, save by me" - Jesus

" And on the third day, He rose again from the dead and ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead" - from the Apostles creed

You, good christian, must feel extremely secure in your RELIGION, to willingly, and wantonly usurp the power, and the authority, of the risen Christ, to stand in judgement of me, here, now.
I will pray for your soul, but I fear my prayers will fall on deaf ears.

There is a huge difference between Faith, and religion. The ones that this does not 'quiet', are too far gone to save.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Once again, despite what others say about the joys of shopping for stuff on Ebay, it's a crap shoot - you put your money up front and you take your chances. Scam artists like this guy get away with it because there are alwasy more buyers lined up to be duped.

File a report about the guy's religious psychosis with Ebay and count your blessing that he didn't mail you a package bomb.

IT ISN'T A "GOOD DEAL" UNLESS YOU CAN TOUCH IT, FEEL IT AND WATCH IT WORK BEFORE YOU BUY IT.

CAVEAT EMPTOR REMAINS THE LAW OF THE LAND,
Tyson Rayles Wrote:

I only buy from those "shops" I bought from before since they are above board,quick to ship and you get exactly what you see in the photos.

Where else could I bought 2 Atlas Trainman GP38-2s for $90.00 including shipping?

Not at my not so local hobby shop...
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!