E bay Whackos!
Did you pay by PayPal? If so, you should be able to get a refund. I would definitely report this wacko. Not only is he a jerk, but he's a racist jerk to boot. There's nothing "christian" about this dude.

Val
Dave,

If you and I sat down in a bar together, we could have a contest over who could attract the most whackos. Cheers Luckily, I havent run into any on ebay, but than you for the warning Smile
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Well, I may lose out on a lot of good deals, but I have to agree with Sumpter250, I avoid eBay with a passion. I hear about too many horror stories regarding being a buyer or a seller, and after you reach a certain age, you become wary of things like this. Nobody is watching your back on eBay and it's set up to favor those that yell the loudest and know all the tricks.

Doesn't eBay own PayPal? Isn't that a conflict of interest? :?:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:Dear camwtatt,

A REAL PROFESSIONAL AT LYING, TOUCH NOT MINE ANOINTED, YOU HAVE LIED TO AND
ABOUT THE HOLY GHOST, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED
FROM EVERY BUYING FROM ME AGAIN AND, WHEN EVERY THING GOES WRONG IN YOUR
LIFE YOU WILL LOOK BACK TO THIS DAY.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LYING, THE FIRST LIE WAS WHEN YOU LIED ABOUT ME JUST DUMPING
THEM IN A BOX, YOU OR SOMEONE, MAYBE EVEN THE PO DROPPED THE BOX AND WILL
NOT ADMIT IT.
YOU CHOSE THE CHEAP WHEY TO SHIP RATHER THEN SPEND A COUPLE BUCKS MORE, I
HOPE YOU CAN FACE PEOPLE KNOWING YOU HAVE LIED TO AND ABOUT A CHRISTIAN,
REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND ADMIT YOUR LIES
AND YOU COULD STILL BE SAVED BUT UNTIL YOU DO ADMIT YOU HAVE LIED ABOUT ME,
YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO HEAVEN, GOD BLESS YOU, JESUS STILL LOVES YOU AND
WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU IN HEAVEN, TO BAD HE WILL NOT

After I quit laughing , I sent him this reply:

Icon_lol 357 Boy...you're going straight to Hell now aren't cha Dave! Just throw a Hail Mary and go for the touchdown....wait, is that how its supposed to work???

As for e-Bay I've bought a ton of stuff off e-bay. I usually stick to trusted sellers who I've bought from before (keep them as Favorites) or go with sellers who have had almost zero negative feedback and have been around for sometime. Not to say that eventually I won't get dinged sooner or later. To put some perspective on it, you could go through life shopping at an LHS (or any store) for years and then one day find out the owner is a creep and has been ripping off customers for years. Just saying. A question of "buyer beware" that's all.
sorry you had a bad experience dave. for you sake i wish there was something that could be done, but i can assure you from a legal standpoint there is nothing that can be done. which is unfortunate. i have bought a lot of train stuff from ebay over the years and have never had a bad experience, but now i know his screen name, i can assure you ill be looking out for him and wont buy from him , no matter how good the deal is. like others have said i doubt this guy is a real christian, probably just some wacko. were you able to get any of you money back through paypal? again very sorry to hear about you experience and wish there was something we could do to help.

todd
I hate to hear about you getting ripped off, but I have to agree about E-bay being generally pretty safe.

But wacko's are everywhere anymore, not just on-line. I got one telling me off and spouting "you're going straight to hell you heathen" just a few minutes ago. Looking for a parking spot at the grocery store a few minutes ago, one guy parked his truck at a 45degree angle taking up two spots. (Three really if you count his bumper overhanging the third stall). He was sitting on the tail gate covered head to toe in tattoos and Oakland Raiders gear drinking a .40 ounce, so, I gave him a dirty look and drove around to find another spot. When I came up the other side, he jumped out in front of my car and started mouthing off incoherently (liquid courage and all that) about this being the holidays and "How dare you look at me the way you did". I didn't say a word, I just opened my coat enough to see the butt end of my brand new Beretta .40 cal pistol. He jumped back and started spouting off some crap about how I am a heathen going to hell and "Hey, THIS MAN HAS A GUN!!" to other shoppers walking by (who mostly just laughed at him). Even as I drove off to a parking spot further up the row and parked, he was spouting off at the top of his lungs about how God saw that, and I am going to hell, etc.

His wife/girlfriend/parole officer, or whatever whe was to him, witnessed the whole thing while coming out of the store apparently, because she came up to my window (by that time, I had lit a cigarette and had the window rolled down part way) She apologized profusely and I can tell she was sincerely embarassed. I told her "it's ok, it's not YOUR fault". I really felt bad for her. Funny thing was, after she put her groceries in the bed of the truck, he peeled out and came up the other row and stopped behind me. I figured, "Great. Now I am gonna have to whip this guys butt in front of this nice lady", but he just sat there and spun his tires as hard as he could (powerbrake).

I just smiled, stuck my head out the window and yelled "GOD SAW THAT!".

Boy that chapped his cheese! 24

When people act like idiots like that, just remember what my grandmother told me as a kid: "If the world was perfect and didn't have a few nuts, it'd be a boring place for people like us". Just think of them being here for our amusement and you won't lose any sleep over them.
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Reason # 37 why I never buy anything on the Internet. Nope
Truth be known. When it comes to the final judgement, I wonder if he'll try to con God??
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
i have purchased and sold on ebay many times, run across a few bad apples but for the most part i got great deals in my mind. i purchased used bachmann spectrum first run LMS dash 8-40cw, and i was shipped a brand new one still sealed in the box for way less then i expected to pay for the used one.
i have also sold stuff that was of no use to me and ended up witha nice stack of money for new train stuff
but i did get taken for a deal.
lady sold N scale set listed them as athearn HO scale, poor pictures but i never should of bid but i won. she set them all in one box, then told me it was my fault for bidding and winning and i was stupid for wanting a refund, took paypal months to refund my money.
most times i have had positive ties on ebay sorry to hear about your luck
I have had several dealings on eBay and only a few times have I come across such cheeseballs as this. The guy really needs to get a grip and learn where the caps lock button is on his keyboard so he can shut it off.

We should keep a running list of crazy eBay sellers somewhere when we find them to protect others from getting hosed.
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!
thats an AWSOME IDEA cannonball. a list like that would certainly help a lot. wonder where we could put it on here?

todd
Dave:
That sounds like that whacko that my wife and I had a "go around" with on e-bay. My wife, who is a very kind and considerate person had notified this guy, that we had not recived our purchase. He fired back at her that we were morons and were trying to rip him off! He used very abusive language to her. I got very steamed, and proceeded to rip him a "new one. "He then turned his anger toward me, which was fine, because he quit pestering my wife.
He used the name rugercowboy357, like someone might think that he owned a gun and would be afraid of him.
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
rugercowboy357 is a wannabe old west reenactor. I know, he ripped off a reenactor friend of mine. (several freinds of mine do Old West reenactments with a group called Spirits of the Old West <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.spiritsoftheoldwest.org">www.spiritsoftheoldwest.org</a><!-- w -->)
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Cannonball Wrote:We should keep a running list of crazy eBay sellers somewhere when we find them to protect others from getting hosed.

Hey everyone,

We fully understand the annoyance of having to deal with disreputable buyers or sellers. Rip off artists can be outrageous, obnoxious, and cause a lot of headaches. That said, we're not comfortable with having screen names or other personally identifying information about individuals posted on the forum. Use the reporting options on ebay or tell your friends privately about your experiences. Feel free to post about your ebay stories here but without including the name of the troublesome person. Its inappropriate for the forum to appear to be endorsing an opinion about any particular seller or buyer.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Ralph
In addition to Ralph's comment, Big Blue/The-Gauge.net stands by our rules that basically state that the content of any post is the opinion of the poster.. Therefore the poster is responsible for any and all information.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???