My N-scale modules
Thanks for posting the pictures of the construction process of the street running. A very useful tutorial with impressive results.
Reinhard
You work has an elegant complexity that I really admire. The diamonds, switch work, road building all really works together so well. There's a lot there to admire. Please, consider writing a clinic or tutorial on how you're building your road system. I, for one, would really enjoy seeing/reading your step-by-step process.

Oh...and you mentioned looking closely to see the "mistakes"? Let me tell you, I'll take those "mistakes" on my layout any day...that's some great work getting the styrene cut precisely and fitted inside the rails. Being a fellow Nscaler, I appreciate how tough that is! Looks like you're using bass wood or balsa wood to help lay the streets then filling it in, with thin pine strips to help form up the road edges? Is that correct?

Really nice work! Cheers
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Herc Driver Wrote:You work has an elegant complexity that I really admire. The diamonds, switch work, road building all really works together so well. There's a lot there to admire. Please, consider writing a clinic or tutorial on how you're building your road system. I, for one, would really enjoy seeing/reading your step-by-step process.

I'm sorry to say that I'm not able to write a turtorial, cuz I have no additional pics as I postet and my english knowledge is not good enough for.

Herc Driver Wrote:Oh...and you mentioned looking closely to see the "mistakes"? Let me tell you, I'll take those "mistakes" on my layout any day...that's some great work getting the styrene cut precisely and fitted inside the rails. Being a fellow Nscaler, I appreciate how tough that is! Looks like you're using bass wood or balsa wood to help lay the streets then filling it in, with thin pine strips to help form up the road edges? Is that correct?

Really nice work! Cheers

The wood stripes are pinewood and 3x10 millimeters. They a ~0,5 millimeters higher than streetlevel, so I can add walkways and I have edge for the landscape, thats the reason.
Conrail-Markus
Very nice work! Can't wait to see more progress pictures.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Hi all :-)

here some new pics from my latest project; the TrainCat overhead crane gantry. I solder it with heat air and it is my first brass kit I did. I need a 2nd kit to lenghten the gantry to the industry building and I need to fasten it to the ground - much work to do.
The N&W J #611 is my wife's railfan special train ...

[Image: img0681f.jpg]

[Image: img0682wa.jpg]

[Image: img0683rm.jpg]

[Image: img0684cv.jpg]

[Image: img0685j.jpg]

[Image: img0686gy.jpg]

[Image: img0687b.jpg]

[Image: img0688l.jpg]

[Image: img0691s.jpg]
Conrail-Markus
Looks great from here Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Hi all,

I build the last 2 station modules and know I'm laying track. One 90° crossing is missing from Atlas (hope they're back soon) an two curved mußt be hand laid ....

[Image: img0853t.jpg]

[Image: img0854vv.jpg]

[Image: img0855ct.jpg]
Conrail-Markus
Hello modelers

had the last modules ready with the trackwork and now the soldering iron is the actuall tool. Hope to do some sceenery soon ...

[Image: img1253pilo.jpg]
Conrail-Markus
Thanks for updating us on your fine work Markus! Looking forward to more! The scenery in some of your previous photos tells me that the new section is going to look beautiful when completed. Thumbsup
Ralph
Thanks Ralph! I promise I will do my best but it will need its time.
Conrail-Markus