a little sratchbuild project - N-scale Bridge
Hallo modelers

I have a little scratchbuild projekt on a very low level which every modeler can do.

At one of my modules I have a river which need to be crossed. A simple 90° arrangement I didn't wont have, so I go something araound 45° but ... the proposed Atlas girder bridges will not look good:

[Image: bridge01z.jpg]

This view would be better:

[Image: bridge02.jpg]

One girder of the snap bridge could be used but the opposide girder must move. To do this, the litte noses must be cut off. I used a sharp hobby knife:

[Image: bridge03.jpg]
[Image: bridge04.jpg]

So will it look after the litte work:

[Image: bridge05.jpg]

After this, the bridge track need to be fittet. The original track ist to short, so I use a third Kit cuz I wasn't able to get one additional bridge track from atlas.

[Image: bridge07.jpg]

[Image: bridge06.jpg]

[Image: bridge09.jpg]

The next step is the stringer which have to be fittet. One side is easy to do and if you saw precisely you must only add a new beam made from styrene:

[Image: bridge10.jpg]

The other side needs a bit more work. The extended beams are made from styrene to match the Atlas parts:

[Image: bridge11.jpg]

This will be happen when I watch more TV than concentrate myself on the project:

[Image: bridge13.jpg]

Glad to have an other kit on the shelf, so the project will be well done and I have a additional bridge for a later use.

[Image: bridge14.jpg]
[Image: bridge15.jpg]
Conrail-Markus
Awesome project Markus! Well done and your step-by-step was well presented.
Thanks for the inspiration.
John
Nice project, and those N-scale Atlas bridges look good.
An excellent bashing of an existing kit to fit a situation ... and a very nice photo essay of how you went about doing it! Thumbsup
Nice Job! Cheers

But, Markus ... quickly ... before Galen (ocalicreek) notices ... 8-)

... slip in a couple of "Bridge Shoes" at the abutments at each end of the bridges ...

... at least on the aisle side! Wink
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Conrail-Markus Wrote:This will be happen when I watch more TV than concentrate myself on the project:

[Image: bridge13.jpg]

I had to laugh when I saw this. Who here hasn't done some thing like this at least once while working on a model or project for their layout. I know I have several times! 357

Regardless, Great job on the bridges Markus! Worship
Good job.

Like the concept and execution of the idea Thumbsup
Really nice job!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Markus, you know that you will have three attempts doing the right. Looks good!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.