Construction on the Trinity Sabine & Gulf
In the past week or so we've added some more greenery and a shed scene on dead-man hill...

[Image: IMG_1039.JPG]

Old storage shed and a rusty-crusty Model T

[Image: IMG_1020.JPG]

And a little closer view of the creek bridge...

[Image: IMG_1042.JPG]

The Mod-Podge water looks a lot better than I thought it would. It took about a week to finally clear up. I may add another layer with a little more green tint. I noticed in this month's RMC there's an article where they use M-P for creek water. Hmmm....
Len
http://loblollylogger.blogspot.com/
Its not my job to run the train
toot the whistle or ring the bell
But let the damned thing jump the track
and see who catches Hell!
Outstanding work Len Thumbsup
ocalicreek Wrote:... Anyway, I do have to say I really like how the water has turned out. Do you have a close-up shot of the bridge now that the water is dry? Galen

I apologize for commenting on a single sentence ...

... but the one quoted above tickled my funny bone! Icon_lol

Could be I'm just overly tired today, but the irony
caught my appreciation of unintentional humor
in the strange place where it lives.

As for the pictured progress, many folks would call that "Well done, Sir!" ... not merely "practice!"
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
The composition in the shed scene is very good. The junk piled around really adds to the effect and the weathering on the old car is top notch.

For my taste, the junk pile may need some dullcote, or a dark wash, or both. It seems just a bit bright and shiny to me. Maybe even a dark wash on the shed sides and roof too? You could do that in steps, do a thin wash and see what it does, and then add more as you see fit.
Len
The first pic at the top of the page, shows how the whole scene is coming together beautufully Thumbsup
Now close up.....that little bridge and abutments really bring a smile to my face....GREAT WORK!!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Steve
Thanks for the comments folks! Gary, I did sneak back in the woods there and put a little more A/I wash on the bldg and junk pile. Looks a tad better, but its pretty dark in that corner. The photos are also a little light. I shoot all the layout photos with existing light - 2 CFL floods, no flash, so I generally have to add some fill and highlight and de-saturate the color a bit.

Anyway, Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment!
Len
http://loblollylogger.blogspot.com/
Its not my job to run the train
toot the whistle or ring the bell
But let the damned thing jump the track
and see who catches Hell!
I can see the strong shadows now, so you did have some light shining in there. I think it is a terrific little scene, again, the composition looks good to me, the trees make a nice "frame" for the shed and junk.
Gary S Wrote:The composition in the shed scene is very good. The junk piled around really adds to the effect and the weathering on the old car is top notch.

For my taste, the junk pile may need some dullcote, or a dark wash, or both. It seems just a bit bright and shiny to me. Maybe even a dark wash on the shed sides and roof too? You could do that in steps, do a thin wash and see what it does, and then add more as you see fit.

Thanks Gary S for the advice re the 'dark wash'. I shall bear all this in mind for when it's my turn to add a spot of scenery (faculties by that time allowing of course 357 ).
Meanwhile, Loblolly, how on earth did you achieve the weathered wood look? Has got to be some of the best I've seen and would dearly love to emulate it Thumbsup
The rust on the old Model T is also fantastic. If you've a minute or two, would you kindly impart ? Confusedhock:

Finally, the old wooden bridge is full of character and reminiscent of the light railway scene we 'used' to have over here in Blighty (Colonel Stephens' type of construction e.g. Kent & East Sussex Railway).

Keep up the great work,

Jonte