new project
Yeah, great-looking structures with a heavy-duty industrial feel to them, and a real traffic generator for your railroad. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
What Wayne said!!! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks Gents.. I have a few more to post today.
I added the loading dock, this will be used to load bagged cement into boxcars. The doors are spaced perfectly for 36 foot boxcars, I have a few Train miniature ones that will be converted just for this purpose.    

I also added an addition to one of the kiln buildings. It will get two small stacks sticking out of the roof.    

The next big part of the project is to build the dropdown extension to the eastern part of the plant. This will be the exchange between the LNE and Anna Lines.     It will attach with a hinge to the edge of the layout and fold out of the way when not in use.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I'm somewhat surprised about the fan on the canopy.

Would it not be the better placed on the roof?
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
On the prototype the loading dock is sandwiched between two buildings, the other building would be past the edge of the layout so it was not modeled. Filling the bags and loading them happens at the same time and causes a lot of dust. The dock crews do all this work by hand and the exhaust fan is there to provide as much venation as possible. The prototype has a smaller fan that is more centered, the roof casting that I used had a larger fan in a different location. It would have been a lot of work to move so, I compromised and left it in place.
I have some more progress shots to post.

Here I am prepping the aria for ground cover. The first coats of paint have been airbrushed on. Getting the Hercules cement sign to look right was no easy task.

I have excavated out the basement/foundation of the bulk storage building that is under construction and provided for some wheeled vehicle crossings over the rails.    

With the ground cover in place it's really starting to look like something.    

I have added the stacks to the kiln building and did some more work to the silos. They will still need some weathering to blend in with the other buildings.    

I have also attached the fold down section to the Eastern section of the plant. This will represent an interchange with the LNE which along with the CNJ also serves this plant.
It's all wired in and supported by a hinge and a 2x3 leg to hold the far end up.

The leg attaches to bench work to hold the dropdown in place when not in use, this will avoid any drifting of the section into the aisle.

I have installed two sections of angle iron to help support the dropdown.

Here is a shot of the hinge and a connector that I have wired in to make removal of this section easer if needed.

In the up position it is now ready to use.

The cement works is looking great e-paw Thumbsup Cheers

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Some more progress shots..

I planted some ground cover on the drop down section. Big Grin This shot also shows how the tracks line up when the drop down is in the "up" position.    
I also poured the "water" for Bushkill Creak witch flows past the plant.    

And a look at the bridge abutments that hold back the roadbed from falling into the creak.    

This is seriously looking good. I love the long shot from the river toward the cement plant! It's nive to see an industry that looks so huge in a relatively small space.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Very nice!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Put together a new control panel for my engine facility today. All my panels are built in a similar fashion. I run straight DC with two throttles for the mains and a local throttle for each panel. With the way that I have wired them, I can switch control of the panel from either of the two main cabs to the local cab. The whole thing is mounted to the layout by a piano hinge so it can be altered or maintained. I still need to label all the switches, as I ran out of tape for my label maker, but otherwise it is ready to install.