new project
Thanks to all .. I have to make an order from Plastruct to get some piping and iron work so I can mount the water tower. The buckling in the roof is starting to settle down as the cardboard sub roof drys out. I'll post more pics as I go.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Almost finished Thumbsup Added the water tower, and mounted the last of the staircase. Still need to add the electrical service, man way on the tower, control shed for the conveyor, and a few other odds and ends.    

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice! Smile
Thats looking GREAT!!

I love the water tower and the piping coming from it!! Keep it up Thumbsup Thumbsup Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
That tower is made from a small cardboard tube covered in strip wood that was stained and distressed. The piping is the left over sprue from the original kit.I have not had the chance to work on it at all this week, if I get the chance tomorrow I'll post more pics.
You've done a super job on the building.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Cool structure! You did a great job.
Kurt
Looking Good!
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
ALL FINI Cheers SHED    

Attached Files Image(s)

I need to figure how to post more than 3 pics at a time.    
Looks great, Steve. Thumbsup Thumbsup I like the colour scheme, but are you planning to dirty it up at all? I especially like the effect you've used on your photos, too: it looks like a warm and humid day in May or June. Wink :mrgreen:

Wayne
I has some light weathering on it, I may add more when it gets added to the layout. as for effects that is just the ambient light in my basement.
Started the sand house.I may use some brick paper or clapboard siding I'm not sure yet.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's a super job..!!! Thumbsup
I would think that a coaling tower would be REALLY grungy, certainly not whitish.... Goldth

Those are some nice locos too.....
Gus (LC&P).
I have thought about really dirtying up the tower, but my research caused me to change my mind.I used The CNJ's coal dock at Communipaw ave (C-paw) in Jersey city as a reference.Built in 1911 it serviced 8 tracks from 2 roundhouses, one 34 stall and one 32 stalls.On a slow day in the 1940's this tower filled the tenders of a few hundred steam engines from the CNJ, RDG and B+O.The few color pictures that I have of it from that time show it to be well maintained and kept pretty clean. I may still add some soot to the lower part of the steal work when it is installed on the layout , but to stay true to the prototype I used as inspiration it will remain that pail gray / white of poured concrete.