new project
That totally ROCKS man!!! Big Grin
The sand house is moving along.

Attached Files Image(s)

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Sand house looks good. Just curious have you ever tried using alcohol and india ink mix as a wash, it will tone down any britness without making drastic color changes. I use it on everythingfrom ballast to anything I build including rock faces. Glad you figured out how to post multiple images at once. Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
I like the effect of India ink and use it quite often. On the sand house I thinned some Min wax stain with alcohol, I seams to start out glossy but dulls down after a few days. The water tower on the coal dock is colored with the India ink mix. I am currently working on the windows and doors(post pics latter).
looks great Thumbsup ,is that a board by board construction?
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
Wow Steve, how did I miss this thread?? It looks amazing!!!

cheers
Val
It's heavy card stock with wood bracing. Strip wood glued over that as siding.
I had to redo the roof after a small soldering iron accident (say, whats burning?). It still needs shingles. The trim and front door are all finished. The chimney for the sand dryer is installed (needs paint) and the windows are ready to go in.I've decided to enlarge the sand bin, should be complete soon

Attached Files Image(s)

That sand house looks like a beauty!! Nice and dirty Thumbsup Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I like the way you've built the man-door built into the larger door - very prototypical. Thumbsup

Wayne
That is a beauty of a structure...!!!
Coming to think of it, most of us have a warped sense of "beauty"...Seems like the more dirty & dilapidated a structure is, the more "beautiful" it is to us.... Goldth

Speaking of doors and such...Where would I look for operating door hinges for the doors to my roundhouse..?? I'm starting to collect an "arsenal" of sources for that upcoming build....
Gus (LC&P).
looks great Thumbsup ,im sure weve all lit something on our layouts on fire at one point or another 35 .but it looks to have risen form the ashes quite well Misngth --josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
Wow, I love it!! That is one of the coolest looking coaling towers I have ever seen. That must be one busy yard to need that much coal!

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
I was adding the shingles on the roof of the sand house when I realised 35 I have no where to put ANEY of the buildings I am working on. So I felt that maybe it was time to start working on that problem. OHHH look bench work where there was none before.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh ya we have wood eruption Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada