Shay construction
Worship :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o Worship
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Cheers

Thumbsup Thumbsup Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
SHE RUNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/ImqQfZK02BQ">http://youtu.be/ImqQfZK02BQ</a><!-- m -->

Sorry, I'm not able to write more details, please check the video

Cheers, Gerd
Congratulations on the successful completion of the loco and on its maiden run, too. Cheers Waveof7 Now you need to negotiate for some more right-of-way. Wink

I think that your video could be improved somewhat by lengthening the amount of time for each image of the slide show portion: we here are able to view the forum photos at our leisure, but youtube viewers would likely enjoy a little longer look at the construction photos.

Very nice work. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
MAN !!!!!! That was worth the wait !! 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Worship Worship Cheers Worship Worship
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Great Stuff!!! It looks and sounds fantastic!!!!......
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Cheers Cheers Cheers ...with all of the above...!!

This the best project of any kind I've ever seen.. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Now to get some more track laid down.....
Gus (LC&P).
Good morning,

well, the project isn't finished yet. I found some leaks and have to do some improvements too. There are also a lot of detai parts missing.
This was the first steam up and I guess I'll have 2-3 weeks more work to do on this loco to get her into some status that can be called "finished".

I found some bugs in the youtube video, that are not shown in my version on the computer. So I'll redo the clip and will take care of the photos as well.

I've many more tracks at home, but what you can see in this video is all that I can lay out on my property :-( At the last weekend in September, I'll so to our club layout to make some long-time-runs with the Shay and do a pulling capacity check. Until this event, I'll spend some more hours for bug fixing.

Here are a couple of photos from yesterday.

Bye, Gerd

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello again,

I was asked for some details about the cab interior and controls. So I've this little overview for you.

1. throttle
2. cylinder drain cocks
3. reverse gear
4. bypass valve for axle water pump
5. water valve for injector
6. steam brake valve
7. fire door
8. hand brake
9. water gauge
10. main valve for steam brake line
11. injector valve
12. blower valve
13. whistle valve
14. pressure gauge

Bye, Gerd
Hello guys,

I spend some time on the weekend to get the issues fixed. I rebuild the throttle valve, sealed some leaks and now the Shay is technically finished :-)
I'll add some more detail next.

Bye, Gerd
Congratulation, Gerd! Fine work!
Wish you enjoy and a good time with this model. What for a loco will follow?
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Great job Gerd Thumbsup it's been cool following your build, thanks for taking us along for the ride Cheers

Now go and enjoy!

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Hi Bernhard,

well, as wounderfull it was to build this loco, I'm glad to have smaller projects the next time.
I guess this will be the only steam engine in this size build by my own. Now I've two steamer in this scale and can run only one at the same time.
The rest of 2012, I'll build a new combine for my railroad similiar to my coach and some new structures for the big indoor meet in January.

The next bigger project will be to finish my Southern-N-scale layout.

Bye, Gerd
one word:

Worship
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
That looks great. Now I want to ride it.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew