My "Southern Rwy & Graham County RR" layout
Gerd, looks great! Simple and not overloaded scenery and anyhow many possibility for switching.
Very good done!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Hello,

thanks for your praise ;-)

Yes, the switching is a lot of fun. Each incomming train is set up in a random row of cars, so each train has to be switched on his own. By prototype speed, it will take 5-10 minutes to switch an inbound train and set the ourbound train ready to depart at the depot track.

Actually, the layout is packed up while the work room is needed for other things again :-(...

Bye, Gerd
Gerd,

Very nice layout. Simple and to the point. The transfer table looks good and is a nice addition. I could use one myself.

Larry
Very nice work. Thumbsup
Hello all,

last week, I was on a big model building show in Germany and presented my little layout Topton on 4 days with a lot of fine discussions and even more switching and fun.
But I also realized, that there are so many things missing on my layout. So I'll spend some more time on Topton and add more details and scenery. I'll show you the progress during the next days. Here is a short list of open issues :

- Adding some slight hills and more ground textures
- Adding mini scenes with people and other detail stuff
- Adding lights around the station depot
- Adding a backdrop

There's also a new module on my mind - I redesigned my layout and I will build a pure shelf layout first. For this, I'll add a straight 120cm module between Topton and the fiddle yard to become a 3,6m long shelf layout. More for this will follow soon.

At last for today, here are some photos from the convention.

[Image: KA_02i.jpg] [Image: KA_05i.jpg] [Image: KA_12i.jpg]
Click on thumbs for large pictures.

Cheers, Gerd
Sounds like you had fun at the show, and got some good ideas for the layout. I look forward to seeing some photos of the details you add.
Good morning,

yeah, the show was fun and I had the only US-railroad there and got a lot of questions about this stuff.
New ideas are also big gift on such conventions. Looking at other layouts will give you ideas, whats missing on yours Welcome

Back to my layout. The modifications on Topton will start today, as I build a new module yesterday. The module is named "Junction" and shows a small town side at the left and a simple interchange junction where the GC will start on her own tracks. The size is again 120x27cm.

[Image: Junction_1i.jpg] [Image: Junction_2i.jpg] [Image: Junction_5i.jpg]
Click on thumbs to enlarge

All modules together will result in a 3,6m long shelf layout. Actually, I can set up this layout in my workshop since I added shelf rags to the old wardrobe.

[Image: Werkstatt_i.jpg]

Today I'll add the landscape basis and some structures have to be build.

So far for today, Gerd
The first structures are finished.
Both were laser kits and I had a lot of fun building them in the back yard by sunshine and summer feeling Thumbsup

[Image: Haus_1i.jpg] [Image: Haus_2i.jpg]

Next I'll build a section shed and maybe the trestle

Cheers, Gerd
Hello folks,

here is a short update. Some more kits have been assembled and I started the landscape with stripes of cardboard, hot glue and masking tape.

[Image: Haus_3i.jpg] [Image: Haus_4i.jpg]

[Image: Berge_1i.jpg] [Image: Berge_2i.jpg]

I also bought a bunch of trees and Details stuff, so I've most parts at home soon to finish this module.

Cheers, Gerd
Great progress. I'm glad to see the Southern well represented by your efforts. Looking forward to more scenery!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Hello, I've done some more progress Thumbsup

I finished the hills with plaster and paint and they are ready for the scenery. I also installed the trestle and painted some rocks.
The last structure for the town side is also finished now.

[Image: Berge_3i.jpg] [Image: Haus_5i.jpg]

BTW, I added a small hill on the topton module opposite to the grain elevator. Comes along great. I've to finish the scenery at this piont and I'll show you some photos.

Cheers, Gerd
Hello friends,

it's time for an update on my layout :

I did good progress on the forrest end of the module. The timber covers the entrance to the fiddle area. The right half of the layout is almost done now. Here are some photos, speaking for them self I hope. If you have questions, so feel free to ask me 8-)

[Image: Wald_1i.jpg] [Image: Wald_2i.jpg] [Image: Wald_3i.jpg]

I also started with the street on the left end.

[Image: Town_3i.jpg] [Image: Town_4i.jpg]

The next qarter of the module was covered with ground turf and I'll add the scenery here next. The town with all the properties will be some more work and I'll so this at last.

Cheers, Gerd
Hello again,

I was very busy yesterday and made more progress on the junction module.

The town side is finished except for the detail stuff like signs, fences, people, and so on.

Here are some photos of the so far finished town area.

[Image: Town_5i.jpg] [Image: Town_6i.jpg] [Image: Town_7i.jpg]

I think I'll get the last detail stuff done during the next days and will make new photos of the finished module soon.

Cheers, Gerd[/quote]
Excellent! A very photogenic little town scene! Cheers

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Many thanks Galen,

yesterday, I added some details like power wires, signs and clutter around the petrol station.
I'll print the missing signs and bill boards tomorrow and add them to finally finish the scene.

[Image: Town_8i.jpg]

I also made some test runs with my trains and all works fine now. I had some trouble with the turnout but I could fix it very easy this morning.

Actually, I'm spending some thougts to a back drop and internal lightning for these modules.

Cheers, Gerd[/quote][/quote]