HO scale vehicles
Big Grin

I just remembered I have a Model Power 1956 Ford Pickup. I saw a lot of these guys still working on farms in the late 70s, just much more weathered:

[Image: IMG_5259a.jpg]

It was $5.50 at another LHS. I think I'd give the nod to Model Power in terms of overall detail and quality.
--O'Dave
Well, I ordered a big double handful of model power cars that will fit my era. Prices ranged from 2.49 to 3.99. Also looked at the Custom Metal Works cars, they're nice, but pricey. I still need to find some 70s to 90s pick-up trucks though. Down here, about 50% of vehicles on the road are trucks.

Thanks for all the help guys. Smile
Odave, i did order one of those, figured to rust it up and make it look like it has seen better days.
can anyone identify these vehicles? I got them at a train show. They're all palstic, but look pretty good, would like to have more.

[Image: image.php?album_id=186&image_id=3581]

[Image: image.php?album_id=186&image_id=3582]

[Image: image.php?album_id=186&image_id=3583]

[Image: image.php?album_id=186&image_id=3584]
Gary S Wrote:I still need to find some 70s to 90s pick-up trucks though. Down here, about 50% of vehicles on the road are trucks.

Trident. You need the pickups and vans from Trident. This brand was bought by Roco, as far as I know. Don't know if the make new models, but the old ones are still around.

Actually, the cars shown above are from Trident.
Jens
I just bit the bullet and loaded up on vehicles from HobbyLinc and ModelTrainStuff. Mostly Model Power and Fresh Cherries, but also some Custom Metal Works (mini-metals?) and Trident.

The first two brands just mentioned were nicely priced, from 2.50 to 5.00 each. The mini-metals were 9 to 10 dollars, the Tridents were a bit out there at 11 to 15 dollars, which seems high for a plastic vehicle.

On the Trident, there were plenty of "emergency" type trucks, but all of the "plain ol pick-up trucks" were out of stock.

SP1, thanks for identifying the trucks for me.
How are the signs on the doors installed on the Trident trucks? If they are just decals or stickers, you may be able to remove them without damage to the paint and make the trucks into "plain ole trucks.
Russ, on the Trident trucks and vans I have now, the logos are decals, but since I bought these used, the previous owner may have done them. For the ones I ordered, I'll have to see about making the emergency vehicles into "plain ol" vehicles. Whether it is removing decals or paint, or giving them a fresh coat of paint, we'll see.
Gary,their are some 70's 80's 1:87 model cars that were produced in the 90's by Monogram called Mini-Exacts,although the detail of these vehicles wasn't the best(lack of painted grilles,headlights,tailights,etc)They are still avaliable.I found alot of them on Ebay really cheap.Some of the models were Grandprix,Thunderbird,Buick grand national,Corvette,Mustang,Camaro

Attached Files Image(s)

Don Shriner