Greenwood Underpass
Nice! Thumbsup
I like the bridge and I like especial the wooden part. That wood looks like 1:87 scaled down wood. Very beautiful Thumbsup
Reinhard
Hey guys...

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement!!
I have been mixing, matching, painting, trying, failing and I hope finally suceeding in getting the wood to look like wood...

I have seen a bunch of articles that show how to make heavily weathered wood, but I have not seen a lot of articles on how to model wood that looks safe to walk over...
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
mountaingoatgreg Wrote:I have seen a bunch of articles that show how to make heavily weathered wood, but I have not seen a lot of articles on how to model wood that looks safe to walk over...

I think in honesty, wood that looks safe to walk on could be very easy to model. It all depends on the age of the structure. For example a "brand new" structure made out of creosote treated timbers would have that nice dark black brownish colour to it. Or even a fresh nice dark brown with the slightest hint of dirt and grime. The older the bridge, (again depending on materials used) would look grayer and more sunbaked. So to speak.

IMHO.