upload pic
Can any one tell me how to up load pic on this wb site every time I try it tells me file in invaled thanks Wallbang
Check the file type, I always upload mine as .jpg images. Also, there is an upper limit to the file size, perhaps you are exceeding that? Try reducing the pixels of the photo before uploading. I probably have at least 1000 photos here on Big Blue, so it is certainly possible to upload photos! Big Grin
Are you trying to post a photo to a thread here ...
... or are you ...
... trying to capture a photo from this site for use elsewhere?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:Are you trying to post a photo to a thread here ...
... or are you ...
... trying to capture a photo from this site for use elsewhere?

Or quite possibly he is trying at add an attachment to a post. Many possible options here :-)

Smile,
Stein
There are two reasons why you can't upload pics to here. The first is file type. We accept most picture file types, but the most common is .jpg since it is the most compact. The second reason is the file size. We prefer that you keep the file size down to less than 150K, and they pixel size to 800 x 600 or smaller. Remember, there are still some that have a dial-up connection and viewing large images can be painfully slow so they tend to bypass them. I use a photo edit program to keep my pics to around 100K and most are 640 x 480 and are .jpg.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
A long time ago I had problems posting pix here. At that time I was advised that after adding the attachment, to click on SUBMIT at the bottom. If you hit PREVIEW, it wouldn't work. I don't know if that still holds true as I am reluctant to try.

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
yellowlynn Wrote:A long time ago I had problems posting pix here. At that time I was advised that after adding the attachment, to click on SUBMIT at the bottom. If you hit PREVIEW, it wouldn't work. I don't know if that still holds true as I am reluctant to try.

Lynn
Lynn,

"Preview" is just that, it allows you to see what your post looks like before you let anyone else see it. I often use it to make sure my pics are in the order I want and it's good to check when you use any of the special editing boxes like making a list or adding a link. You can make needed changes to your post after looking at it in "preview",You always need to hit "submit" to have your post show in the thread.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I use MS Picture Manager to orient, crop, and then resize my photographic images to 640 x 480 prior to uploading them to Photobucket. Then, when I need them, I copy the "IMG" string from there and insert it into my post here.

(Actually, I build my "follow the build with photographic images" posts as MS Word documents here on my laptop and then copy and paste them here ... but don't tell anyone ... O.K.?)

It's all very clean and simple, neat and tidy!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Thanks for clearing up that preview bit, Don. I think this idea went back to before those "other people" took over. I had problems posting and was told to definitely NOT hit preview. It worked, but in the passing years, I got the gist of one out of 37 3/4 improvements, or changes. That made it very easy for that one little item to slip by me.

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
yellowlynn Wrote:Thanks for clearing up that preview bit, Don. I think this idea went back to before those "other people" took over. I had problems posting and was told to definitely NOT hit preview. It worked, but in the passing years, I got the gist of one out of 37 3/4 improvements, or changes. That made it very easy for that one little item to slip by me.

Lynn
One thing that is different, and sometimes confusing between this and the "old" place is that the "submit" and "preview" buttons are reversed. Yep, over at "Z", we eventually went to vBulletin as our software and the "submit" button was to the left. Here, we are using phpBB software and the "submit" button is to the right. It took quite a while to get use to that. Icon_lol

But still, "preview" is a great feature to assure yourself that you've got your post looking like you want it before you actually post it.

One other thing you have to watch out for here is that sometimes someone will post something to the thread while you're composing your post. When you hit "submit", rather than posting it, you will see a message telling you that someone has updated the thread and it shows their post just in case you want to revise yours. You then have to hit "submit" again to get your post in the thread. Sometimes, if you don't notice this and you move on, you can lose your post. :o We've discussed this before, but it's always a good thing to remind everyone once in a while to be aware that this does happen.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and