New free layout design software
Here are all the September's railroad blog posts in the SCARM blog.

One of the articles is about the Favorite libraries in SCARM...

[Image: SCARM-favorite-libraries.png]

...and explains how they can be configured or turned off (if you don't want them in the selection panel).

Mixy
Many users asked about the file with the small steam engine that I used for showing of the new cylinder figures in SCARM v. 0.9.25. Here is it:

Drawing of Prussian T3 Steam Loco in SCARM

The article shows most of the steps in the drawing of a close representation of Prussian T3 loco in HO scale. In example, here is the wheelset - as parts and assembled:

[Image: T3-1a.jpg] [Image: T3-1b.jpg]

See all pics in the blog post and download the project file to see it on your own PCs.

Mixy
Mixy: is there any wy in SCARM to rotate more than 1 piece of track?, for example taking a complete layout and angling it so ist not parallel to the edges of the board
When I hear the iron horse make the hills echo with his snort like thunder, shaking the earth with his feet, and breathing fire and smoke from his nostrils, it seems as if the earth had got a race now worthy to inhabit it.

-- Henry David Thoreau
Yes, you can rotate the whole track plan, just like a single piece. See more in the following tutorial: SCARM Video Tutorials – Part 5 – Rotate a Track or a Whole Layout.

Mixy
In the first days of the month, I launched the new redesigned SCARM website, which now has modern look and comes with a lot of new and updated information and resources about the program. see it here:

www.scarm.info

[Image: SCARM_new_site_preview_sm.png]

The site now works well not only on PCs, but also on tablets and smartphones too. Contents section is rewritten and optimized for easy navigation and access to the most important pages. The same is valid also for the documentation - it has new structure with many new and updated topics. See the new help page here:

Online help & FAQ about SCARM layout software

Hope you will like the new SCARM site Smile

Mixy
Here are listed the SCARM model railroad blog posts for October.

The next version of SCARM is almost ready and will be released soon Smile

Mixy
And here is it - the new SCARM v. 0.9.26, coming with the new online help system integrated and the promised Layers feature. Read more details here:

SCARM Track Planning Software 0.9.26 Released

Hope you will like the new release Wink

Mixy
IMPORTANT!

Several bugs were discovered in SCARM 0.9.26 related to the renaming of the layers and then save and restore of the already changed layer names. The patched version of the program was released today.
Please upgrade to SCARM 0.9.27, which can be downloaded from www.scarm.info to fix these problems.

See more about this bugfix update in the following blog post: SCARM v. 0.9.27 Released.

I am sorry if these bugs caused any problems and inconvenience in your work with SCARM. If you see another problems, please report them here or in SCARM Blog and I will try to fix them ASAP.

Mixy
Here I want to present the first very detailed virtual locomotive models in SCARM, created by Ian Donohoe and shown in the SCARM blog here:

Detailed 3D Models of US Diesel Locomotives in SCARM

Below are two of them:

[Image: SCARM_EMD_GP9-SP_diesel_locomotive_1.jpg]

[Image: SCARM_EMD_G30-ATSF_diesel_locomotive_1.jpg]

These are created with the object's interface of SCARM and are auto-scalable to the scale and gauge of the used tracks in the layout plan.

[Image: SCARM_All_GP9_Diesl_Locos_different_scales.jpg]

Download the loco library from the blog's post and use these nice models in your virtual SCARM layouts Smile

Mixy
Hi all and Happy New Year Smile

Here are listed the SCARM railroad blog posts for December with a nice content, especially for N-scalers.

If you are using Kato N Unitrack system, don't miss the Updated KATO N Unitrack Library for SCARM, now with all bridges and viaducts included.

[Image: SCARM-KATO-N-Unitrack-bridges_viaducts.jpg]

The next version of SCARM is almost ready and will be published soon Smile

Mixy
The new SCARM v. 0.9.28 is ready and published. Read more details about it here:

SCARM Model Train Layout Designer 0.9.28 Released

Hope you will like it Wink

Mixy
Here are listed the SCARM railroad blog posts for January 2015.

Check How To Make Control Panels and Diagrams for SCARM Track Plans article if you want to know more about how to draw a stylized diagrams of your layouts like the example below of oval with one siding.

[Image: Track_plan-Symbol_diagram_ready_for_print.png]

The next version of SCARM will be published soon, I hope Smile

Mixy
Something interesting for N-scalers - SCARM design with KATO viaducts, posted two days ago in the blog:

KATO N-scale Layout Design with Viaducts

[Image: Kato-N-scale-1720x1270-Two-Levels-3D-Lay...00x267.jpg]

Check the article to see the track plan and the pics from the layout, assembled with real tracks Wink

Mixy
The new SCARM v. 0.9.29 is ready and published. Read more about it here:

SCARM Railroad Track Planner 0.9.29 Released

Hope you will like it Wink

Mixy
Here are listed the SCARM railroad blog posts for February.

Check also the first Advanced Video Tutorial about working with baseboard feature in SCARM.

Mixy