My Grande Valley Railway in the "N"ormal scale
There will be changes of course ,but the size is now a given.I want this layout done before I reach my one hundredth birthday (30 years should be enough time Big Grin )
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Finished laying the mainline road bed about 6:30pm today.I start laying track and dropping feeders tomorrow.I may have this thing running trains on Saturday yet. 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:.....have this thing running trains on Saturday yet. 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
A good plan !!!
Reinhard
Thumbsup Applause
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Well, today ain't happening .I'm a wee bit under the weather today.I'm puttering with it but it won't be running trains today. Sad
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Hope ya feel better soon Catt!
Mike

Mainline is in. 2285_ Will wire up, the Control Master tomorrow and test drive the layout till I know the trackwork is acceptable. Then I will do the yard,the grain elevator (it will be bigger than version 1.0) I already have the siding for Fowler's Fine Furnishings installed. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah,I need to do the siding for the Bagel factory too.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Got a Mickey Mouse electrical hook up,but I got 10 smooth counter clockwise runs ,but only about 5 clockwise .Got a rail joint on a curve (no way to avoid it),but it works. 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:Got a Mickey Mouse electrical hook up,but I got 10 smooth counter clockwise runs ,but only about 5 clockwise .Got a rail joint on a curve (no way to avoid it),but it works. 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

When will they start manufacturing 6 feet long flex track? Big Grin

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Quote: When will they start manufacturing 6 feet long flex track? Big Grin

Well at least 4 feet :mrgreen:

The curve is now cured,test ran both directions 6 times each.Only problem was a couple dusty spots on the rails.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Layout is wired and operational in .Next electrical job is to install a double pole, double throw ,center off toggle switch so I can set up the NCE DCC system so the layout is dual mode with the flip of a switch.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

What?! No scenery yet???? Nope Carry on Catt! Thumbsup
Mike

I had a DC / DCC "master switch" too. I was always afraid to forget a DC engine on the rails when I switch to DCC and fry it.
Reinhard
Quote:What?! No scenery yet???? Nope

Five factorys,one trucking company,a grain elevator. Eek Who needs scenery? :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Reinhard,most DC engines will handle 18 volts with no harm though they will let you hear them. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"