SSWUP ISL - Your comments
Callum...The insulated joiners go where shown on the picture above. You will need "jumper" wires to the trackage beyond the insulated joiners. If the tracks beyond the joiners don't go "anywhere" as in a stub-ended yard, you can skip the insul joiners and the jumpers, the turnout will then power the track when it's set for that route, and turn power off when set to the other direction. This is great for parking locos and not have them powered up all the time.
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks Gus,I will have a look at why they suggest the rewiring, most of my spurs are stub ended and I won't have more than one locomotive running at one time.

Made some minor changes, still not 100% certain of the Industries on the Eastern side of the Layout. May need to lay the track and opperate it to see if there are not too many industries now, want ops sessions to last between 1 and 2 hours max!! Thinking that Oram Plastics will be a slow mover of hoppers and won't switch that every time... Have nighlighted the spots and type of car at each but obviously not all these spots will be full, want to run at about one third capacity at all times... If all docks are full then even after a switching session the whole thing will look the same... Aslo put the main/Interchange back on the Western side of the Layout, seems to mae it fee more like a spur as well as I can store a locomotive there, although the way I think this will opperate will be to have it parked in the spur next to the transload facility.

Thanks Ed for the help again in running virtual ops sessions with me, it gives someone who has never worked on a train the oppertunity to grasp the basics... Well here we go... building the shelf tonight, should have pics by the weekend!

[Image: SSWUPISL142-1.jpg]
Or the right side like this...

[Image: SSWUPISL143.jpg]
I have started the build and now continue on this thread below:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4271">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4271</a><!-- l -->
Glad to see you've made a start, Callum.

All very neat and tidy. Well done !

Jonte