Pandorum Stage I
Demolition officially began today on the site of the future Pandorum Railroad, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tesla Consortium.

Principle Officers:

Doctor Emmet Brown, CEO and President
Mr. Nikola Tesla, Chief of Research and Development and Vice President
Mr. Marty McFly, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Legal Counsel

Demolition of the existing site is expected to be completed with one week, after which Phase II inititial construction will begin.
Hey MM...Long time no see..!!

Good to hear you're getting ready to start this project. Keep us updated with LOTS of pics...

Give my regards to Mr. Tesla... 357
Gus (LC&P).
I've had pneumonia. I've discovered that now that I'm older, I don't recover as quickly from things as I used to. :?
MountainMan Wrote:Demolition officially began today on the site of the future Pandorum Railroad, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tesla Consortium.

Principle Officers:

Doctor Emmet Brown, CEO and President
Mr. Nikola Tesla, Chief of Research and Development and Vice President
Mr. Marty McFly, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Legal Counsel

With that staff, the Pandorum Railroad, should be an innovative, High energy company with a great Future !!

Can't wait to see the progress pics. Now, get back to the future railroad. Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I've been awaiting this one for a long time Smile
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I'll try not to disappoint anyone... Smile
Demolition going well - took out the refrigerator, stove, microwave and sink yesterday. Still trying to figure out how to remove that pesky water tank...

Might take a little longer than anticipated - doesn't everything? - because it now appears that stripping the structure down to the framework will be the best approach in order to check and correct wiring, insulation, and so forth. However, since reconstruction falls under Phase II, everything remains on track so far, greatly speeded up by my finally finding my heavy-duty reciprocating saw! Tim Allen was right - if it doesn't work right the first time, just add more power. Don't leave home without it! 8-)

One thing I have already determined - my man-cave will be roomier than I expected, and will allow for expansion of the layout and some additional possibilities.

A t this rate, a final working track plan is likely to be my biggest delay. :?
MountainMan Wrote:I've had pneumonia. I've discovered that now that I'm older, I don't recover as quickly from things as I used to. :?
Glad you're feeling better. This seems to plague us, I think the axiom is that the recovery time proportional to one's age, squared. Just the amount of work you get done is inversely proportional to your age. Like you, I find it take a lot longer to recover, and a whole lot longer to do some simple chores that used to be done without thought. Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Cheers Cheers Cheers

Amen!

Youth is wasted on the Young!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
MountainMan Wrote:At this rate, a final working track plan is likely to be my biggest delay. :?

Want to try something radically different?..........build the topography first,
and then,
.........build a railroad there, to "serve the area".

Your "track plan" will be governed by the "lay of the land", and all the challenges that face prototype railroads, will govern where and how you run your mainline, and sidings.
......hey, it's a thought.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:At this rate, a final working track plan is likely to be my biggest delay. :?

Want to try something radically different?..........build the topography first,
and then,
.........build a railroad there, to "serve the area".

Your "track plan" will be governed by the "lay of the land", and all the challenges that face prototype railroads, will govern where and how you run your mainline, and sidings.
......hey, it's a thought.

And it's a very good one! Thumbsup
I recall seeing a photo of an area on John Allen's Gorre & Daphetid where he created the scenery first and then planned to lay the track. I'm sure he had the road bed arranged prior to building scenery though. Now, building scenery and then cutting it away and boring tunnels through already made moutains...that would be a challenge! (and a mess, I'd think)

Ralph
No problem. Doc Brown has some interesting ideas on how to overcome common railroading problems in mountainous terrain!
MountainMan Wrote:No problem. Doc Brown has some interesting ideas on how to overcome common railroading problems in mountainous terrain!

"Rails? Where we're going, we don't need... rails."

Wink

Andrew
I've come to the conclusion that it is the responsibility of everyone over 50 to support the medical industry in every way we can! At least I have been doing a lot more to support the medical community since I turned 50 (15 years ago), than I did for the entire first 50 years!