City Limits GE Building
Hi

everybody wants big buildings on the layout, we did it....

inspired through Brooklyns 1st and 2nd Ave, we took the Walthers Building (everybody knows it), kitbashed from 3 kits an building, now ~ 1,5meters long.

The middle track is now a team track, outside the factories area ( now marked of with an fence) with an loading ramp.
here we have the possibility, to park some cars ore switching engines (they are "visable", not "hidden in the fiddle yard).
The track in front with the curve (more the 1 meter radius) leads to the scrap yard, to the central car repair and further on under the module with the highway brigde to the NEC

enjoy the pics

[Image: 020324062009m.jpg]

[Image: p6113946k.jpg]
kindest regards
Amtrak X995
Now that looks like a building that needs rail service! Nicely done.

This is my own take on the building - reconfigured as a backdrop for a friend's layout. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=354&p=8258&hilit=western#p3739">viewtopic.php?f=24&t=354&p=8258&hilit=western#p3739</a><!-- l -->

Andrew
That's excellent! Thumbsup
That is awesome. I didn't realize that kit had an actual prototype. Very cool.
That is Sweet!!!!

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Hi

another buildine beside the tracks, here the NE Corridor tracks.

Everybody knows the Life-Like moore&companie building, here a little kit-bashing.
The building is in use, but the loading ramp and the track delivery is closed and secured with an wooden fence, the unloading doors on the ramp are nailed with wood, so the idea.
Here a pic while building, the track on the bottom right goes down and crosses the NE Corridor under a brigde and goes further on to the city limits ( under the highway bridges-you remember?)
[Image: bild647m.jpg]

enjoy
kindest regards
Amtrak X995