Prayers and Well Wishes Needed!!!!!!
You managed to say what I couldn't these past few days. I can't say exactly why, but Bil is much more than just someone I've 'talked' to for a few months on an internet message board. I am praying for some good news.
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Hello Everyone.

Sorry for the delay in updates. As you can imagine, these past few days have been more than troubling.

My Uncle and I met with the neurologist yesterday morning. He explained to us several things about the EEG results and ended with telling us that my Father's brain stem had no activity. He explained that this is the last part of the brain to stop functioning and there is no possible recovery and that if his heart was to start working again, that he would be in a vegetative state. Shortly after, my Father's pulmonologist came in and suggested I sign the papers to let him go.

My Dad was an organ donor and Life Link oversaw the procedure. They found a possible match for his liver and took him to the OR this morning. Upon removing his liver, they continued their investigation to make sure it had not been contaminated. When looking over his lungs, Life Link found a nodule on my Father's lung. After biopsy, they ruled it a malignant tumor. It was so small that the no one had seen it on the xrays.

I am trying to use this as a positive spin, of sorts. As hard as it is to let my Dad go, he would've had a very hard road ahead with battling Lung Cancer. When compared, I choose to believe that how he went is the lesser of the two evils.

My Father opted for cremation, so we are going to hold off a bit on doing a memorial until we can arrange our spread out family to all be there. I will continue to check in from time to time, and will be sure to let you all know when final plans are made. In the meantime, I am distributing my mailing address for anyone that chooses to send cards or otherwise, which I will file away to be displayed at his memorial.

Again, my appreciation goes out to you all for all of your support though his life, illness and death. I consider you to all be wonderful people, as I know my Father would not have had it any other way.

My heart goes out to you.

Address removed in order to keep it "Private" from potential spam.... contact ANY mod or Admin and we'll Gladly give it to you!!
Our hearts go out to you Jenna. Thank you for letting us know about your dad's passing and for posting an address for cards. Your father mentioned you a number of times in his posts on the forum. His pride in you and protectiveness were very obvious.

With deepest sympathy,
Ralph
Jeanna, my deepest sympathy. You have very good reasons to be proud of your father. BiL will be with us in this forum. I wish you the best to master the next days and weeks.

@Administrators: I would like to suggest to preserve BiL's last thread "The House for San Bernardino" with all it's picture in the forum (they are currently external stored). He did work with so much dedication on that little house and had so great plans to present it. It deserves a special place among us.
Reinhard
It's hard to hold back the emotions. Jenna, you can see that your dad was well liked here and he kept thing lively from time to time. Everyone here will miss him dearly, as we know his other friends, as you and your family will as well. You have our condolences. Sorry that it turned out the way it did, but it sounds like it was God's way of choosing what was best.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Jenna
Your father will live on in all those people he helped with his donations....but it is also very obvious by your posts, that the very best of your Dad lives on in you. Our children are our legacy....what a wonderful legacy your father has left.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you now, and in the days to come.
Steve
I am so sorry for your loss...
...prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits...

My blog>>> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com">http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
He will be remembered for all he contributed here and all he shared with all of us....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Dear Jenna.
Bil will aways be in our thoughts and memories. I am glad that there was one match for his liver. He would have been very proud that even after his passing he was able to provide a better life for others.
May God be with you, and God rest his soul.
Your dad was a very special guy.
Charlie Bowyer
Jenna,

My condolence on the passing of your Dad, he will be missed.

Bruce
Dear Jenna---I am so sorry for the loss of your Dear Father.Try to find comfort knowing he is at peace.BiL was a very special man and he will always be remembered with fond memories.God bless you and your family.Ed Creechan (CN Nutbar)
Jenna, I am with out words for your loss. Through the posts and privet messages I had with your Father I developed a friendship that filled a lifetime in only a few short months. He will be greatly missed E-paw (steve olear)
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Jeanna,I'm sadden to hear of your Fathers passing..You have my heart felt sympathy.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Jenna, this is sad news indeed. Thank you for thinking of us here at Big Blue through this difficult time. My heart goes out to you. I lost my Dad a few years ago, so I know it isn't easy.

Your Dad was quite happy being a part of the Big Blue family. I'm sure that his year and a half here gave him a lot of pleasure. He made several close friends during his short time here, and that speaks well of his life, and of his concern for others.

I hope it gives you comfort that biL contributed alot to all of us here, he certainly affected me in positive ways. He was a great motivator and a talented teacher. There are areas on my layout that he helped me with by giving me encouragement and direction. It was obvious that he truly cared. And those areas on my layout will be a lasting tribute to him, trust that everytime I view those areas, thoughts of him will be in my heart. Rest assured that his memory will live on.

I wish you and your son the very best. I'm certain that biL would be proud of the courage you have displayed through this. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Gary Strouz
Jenna, my condolences to you and the rest of your family. The contribution your father made to this forum will not be forgotten, and he will be missed by us all.
May he rest in peace.
Gus (LC&P).