Spring Cleaning part 1 - today NYC
This will be the first of many posts because I found a bunch of stuff that I forgot that I had. I figure that this would be a great place to offer up this material because there is a wide range of railroad interests at this forum. Because I have to constantly reorganize material after shows and purchases, I often come across some "unique" material that I have forgotten about. I mostly collect railroad timetables and rulebooks, but I also come across other related material. These are usually part of the purchase because the seller wants to sell all of a collection instead of in pieces. This is one of those cases. Today, I'll focus on the NYC.

I have available, a couple of NYC issued, booklets. They are: (I'll give the heading and title as well)

NEW YORK CENTRAL SYSTEM

Examination for Firemen
1st, 2nd and 3rd series of
Questions and Answers and
Examination for Hostler

Locomotive Operation

This booklet is a vinyl covered and has 237 pages and dated July 1, 1956. It's approx. 4" x 6". The inside cover page is stamped "book #493". (The other books are stamped with individual numbers as well. These booklets have never been issued and are in "as issued perfect" condition.

These books are filled with b&w illustrations and loaded with lots of q&a about 1st generation diesels. Makes and model numbers of NYC diesels are also give (useful modeling tool).

There is even a chapter devoted to the RDC and "The New MU Car Series 4500 - 4599."

Basically, this book shows what skills and knowledge was needed to be promoted to Locomotive Engineer for the NYC back in the '50's.

I have 5 copies of this book (all with different #'s). If anyone is interested, I'll let them go for $15 each postage paid to U.S. only. Drop me a PM if your interested.

Now, on to the rest of the boxes. Let's see what else I forgot about. :?
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!