Spring Cleaning part 2
Here is a list of some "oddball" items I found in a box in the garage that could be useful for those of you modelers who are focusing on the following roads: PRR, ICG, SOO and NS.

NS: Condensed List and Description of Locomotives, Form 1014, dated 1/1/1999. This 146 page booklet gives an complete and detailed report of EVERY NS locomotive including: year built, builder, owner, road number, model #, HP, gear ratio, etc. It even lets you know the directioal control of each unit meaning if the unit had either bi-directional, dual or single control stands. This indicated how the unit could be run - long hood or short hood forward.The cover page even indicates the proposed Conrail locomotives going to NS ownership after the merger. It even lets you know which units are equipped with ditch lights as of 1999. This book is a big help if your custom painting NS units. $12 postage paid to U.S. only.

SOO: Station Number manual, Form 3414, dated 3/1/70. This 116 page booklet gives a detailed description of: Numerical and Alphabetical List of Stations, Division Listing of Stations, Interchange Locations (broken into 2 groups, Chicago and other than Chicago), Track Scale Locations, TOFC Ramps, Alphabetical Listing of RR reporting marks and a map of the entire SOO Line System (inside front cover). It also idicates which railroad (if any) interchanged with the SOO at each individual station. This is shown as "Connecting Roads". $12 postage paid to U.S only.

SOO: Station Numbers manual, no Form number, dated 5/1/81. Same as above but condensed into 83 spiral boud pages. This one DOES NOT have a system map. $10 postage paid to U.S. only. (Both manuals for $20 pp to U.S. only).

ICG: Stations and Districts Manual, Form F-0970 dated 12/74. This 154 page booklet contains locations of all: Freight Connections and Junction Points, Uniform Code for RR Identification, Track Scales, Station Agents and Traffic Office Addresses, TOFC/COFC Ramps and more, but in more vivid and greater detail than the SOO manuals listed above. This manual comes with a complete centerfold pull out system map of the entire ICG system. $12 pp to U.S. only.

The following is not really a modeling tool but rather a unique historical piece.

PRR: Air Brake Exam Q&A for engineers, Firemen, Hostlers, Conductors and Trainmen. Book #129-d-1 dated 1961.146 page book goes into full detail about the skills and knowledge needed to pass the exam to be a PRR engineer. This book is loaded with hundreds of of Q&A relating to air brake and train handling functions. This book is also loaded with illustrations and multiple pull-out schematic drawings. You can learn what it took to be a Pennsy engineer. $20 pp to U.S. only

Anyone interested in any of the above items, send me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP. Now, back to the garage. By the way, for those of you wondering, I'm on vacation this week. 219
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!