Well, We're Still Here...
Tetters - I'm not offended by your comments, however they are pretty harsh on Christianity. That's okay. We probably deserve some criticism for the horrible things done in God's name. Even so, you may be operating under some misconceptions about what we actually teach regarding the end times, judgement, etc. Your opinion is valid either way.

You absolutely do have the right to post your beliefs just as much as any of us do, especially in an area of the forum where such discussion is allowed. You are a super modeler and I enjoy watching/commenting on your projects just as I enjoy reading your comments on mine. Smile

But as an agnostic or even an atheist you must realize that expressing the knowledge and information you have collected regarding the reality of our existence is, in fact, expressing your perception of the reality of our existence. I perceive a different reality based on my own experiences and testify to what I have seen and heard. That's the problem of faith - it cannot be proved, only experienced in a subjective way.

As for this fellow who predicted the end of the world, I was only pointing out that within the context of the Christian worldview and commonly held scriptures, his point of view was extreme and probably had more to do with making money off unwitting folks than any real theological convictions about the end times. That makes the rest of us mainstream believers look bad when someone on the radical fringe gains all the media attention, like that nutjob in Florida who wanted to burn Qurans.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Hi Galen,

Lets a agree to disagree then shall we?

On a lighter note I just read this morning that this guy has finally come out of hiding and informed the press that he miscalculated the date. Her says its now October 21st 2011. Could he at least waited until after Halloween man? I like giving out candy to all the little monsters that come to my door. What a party pooper. Nope

Quote:You are a super modeler and I enjoy watching/commenting on your projects just as I enjoy reading your comments on mine.

Right back at ya! 8-)
Yep, you're right, we are, also on this side of the pond! :-)

And since we are, I'm going to continue to live my life. I'll buy my wife some flowers today and tell her I love her, have some fun with the kids, and who knows I'll even play some trains! I'll try and do as much of all of this as I can during the rest of my life, and when the time comes, be it either through natural causes or supernatural, I can look back and say I've lived, and loved, and had fun doing so!

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
We can revisit this discussion on October 21st, which is the "revised end of the world" date by the same preacher! Icon_lol