Preserved Canadian National Steam Locomotives
Hello Everyone---throughout the steam era of the Canadian National Railway there was a total of 4064 individual steam locomotives on the roster.Sadly most of these beautiful machines were scrapped.However,71 locomotives of various classes have been preserved and can be found today in both Canada and the United States.When I started collecting models of Canadian National steam engines I decided to number as many locomotives as possible based on the preserved locomotives.Fortunately for me there have been a number of Canadian National models manufactured and I have a talented friend in Doctor Wayne who through his artist talents has enabled me to create my collection---I should also add that I have a very supportive wife who encourages my interest and passion for model railroading.
Here's a sampling of preserved CNR steam locomotives

E-10-A Mogul #81 is currently on display in Palmerston Ontario
[Image: 260406003-2.jpg]

H-6 class ten wheeler #1533 now on the New Hope and Ivyland in Chester PA.
[Image: 006-4-1.jpg]

2-8-0 Consolidation #2747 found at Transcona Manitoba
[Image: P1070455.jpg]
Now that's a neat idea for a collection! I did not know that's what your locos were based on... Thumbsup

Mogul 86 features heavily in Ian Wilson's Steam Over Palmerston. Nice to know an example is preserved. What else is left in Palmerston?

Do you have any photos of the prototype engines you could post?

Andrew
Hi Andrew---thanks for responding.A lot of my research material was found in Clegg and Corley's book: Canadian National Steam Power.You may be interested to know that there are 7 E-10-A Moguls preserved,including #86 which is on display in London Ontario.I do have some pictures of the prototype locomotives which I will attempt to post later.I haven't been to Palmerston---apparently the station has been turned into a railway museum and they have an annual railway festival---a google search on Palmerston may have more details

June 10-12/2011---annual Canadian Handcar Racing weekend
Here's another former CNR Mogul (originally Grand Trunk 1008, then CNR 910, 921, and finally 88), preserved near Morrisburg, Ontario. On May 27, 1953, she was laying on her side on Ferguson Avenue in Hamilton, Ontario, after one of her tender trucks split a switch.
[Image: Assortedphotos021.jpg]

4-8-2 6060 is still around in western Canada. She's shown below on a mid-'70s fan trip at Dundas, Ont., but she also ran in regular passenger service between Toronto and Niagara Falls on Wednesdays and Saturdays during the summers in the mid-'70s.
[Image: CNR6060westboundatDundasOnt-mid--2.jpg]

Wayne
Thanks Wayne - I think I have some old photos of 1008 from zooming by on the highway going to Upper Canada Village. I didn't realize there are steps leading to the cab. That warrants another visit for a closer inspection methinks! Wink

Andrew
Hello All---here's 3 more preserved CNR steamers

[Image: P1070538.jpg]

Northern 6400 now in the National Museum in Ottawa Ontario
[Image: P1070516.jpg]

Hudson 5702 in Delson Quebec
[Image: P1070526.jpg]

Mountain type 6060 currently operating in Western Canada
[Image: P1070527.jpg]
Do you have one of these?

CNR 6200 as parked in front of the Museum of Science & Technology in Ottawa.

Andrew
And here's 6167 in Guelph - ironically located next to the bus station, not train station.

Andrew
Thanks for posting those photos Andrew---here's Northern 6200

[Image: P1060752.jpg]
I think I have some of 6400 - I'll have to dig through the "archives".

Andrew
Here's a couple more shots of Canadian National Northerns

6200 again
[Image: P1070549.jpg]

here's a photo of 6153---she can be found at Delson Quebec
[Image: P1070554.jpg]

[Image: P1070563.jpg]
cn nutbar Wrote:Here's a couple more shots of Canadian National Northerns

6200 again
[Image: P1070549.jpg]

Sister 6213 is the the Toronto Railway Heritage Centre - <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trha.ca">www.trha.ca</a><!-- w -->. Currently it's pictured on the home page.

Andrew
Hello again--- if you're ever in Sidney MI.,you'll find 0-18-A switcher #7456 at the Montcalm Community College

[Image: P1070607.jpg]
Here's where you can find her:

Andrew
Hello Everyone--- here's K-3-B Pacific #5588.You'll find her on display in Windsor Ontario

[Image: P1070636.jpg]