Track inlaid in concrete question?
Can any one help with a question about track that is inlaid in concrete?

On my new layout I am building a siding for a lumber yard, the track is inlaid in concrete.

Would wheel stops or bumpers be used on track like this? I have some Hayes wheels stops and Hayes bumpers, would either be used or would the track just stops?
It depends on what is at the end of the track and how much usage the spur track gets. If there is a building or a road/situation where a runaway car would cause damage or be a safety issue at the end of the track, then a Hayes bumper would be put in place. If there is nothing at the end of the track except a field, or nothing that could be damaged, then wheel stops would work. I have seen tracks on a long spur that have meandered off into weeds in the Detroit area. The used portion of the spur was near the main and the rest of the spur went a bit of a distance before being lost in the weeds. I am sure there are rules and reasons for the placement of bumpers and wheel stops. Hope this helps!

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Hi Chuck,

It does help, directly behind the end of the spur will be one of the buildings of the lumber yard is it would make sense to use a bumper to prevent damage should a car roll free on the track.

Thank you Chuck.

So the next question is how do bumpers get used when the track in in concrete?
Here are some pictures of a bumper that could be used. I made mine from wood and painted them to simulate concrete.
I glued mine in place with hot glue.
I groved mine to fit over the track. Using them with inbedded track you won't have to do that                
Charlie
Thanks for the pictures, that does look like to would stop a rolling car!

I might have to have a go at one of them and see what it looks like.
The measurements are here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://prr.railfan.net/standards/standards.cgi?plan=70100-B">http://prr.railfan.net/standards/standa ... an=70100-B</a><!-- m -->
you see they extend considerably into the ground, truly more than meets the eye.
Charlie