My freelance ho scale layout I am building
This is an snapshot of the LAJ in Vernon as Russ mentioned. The tracks are level with the ground. Only the rails are elevated over ground. I do usually a thin layer of blue foam between the tracks to save ballast and ground cover. The other thing is that you can interpret "ballast" as just another term for "dirt" in many places.

[Image: IMG_0937.jpg?t=1311822289]
Reinhard
Ok thanks thats what I needed to know
I am readdy to post some pic but can not rember how. Can someone please remind me thanks. 219
Hit reply then look down under and slightly to the left of the submit botton and you will see a "upload attachment" tab click on that and it will open up "browse and add the file" tabs right beneath it. Hit browse and find the pic on your hardrive then hit open. Then hit the add file button. When it is done hit submit and you are done.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
hey guys I am trying to upload pic but it will not let me can someone explane to me how to do it thanks.
Quote:
lears2005 Wrote:hey guys I am trying to upload pic but it will not let me can someone explane to me how to do it thanks.

As Mike has explained above. But I find that when I click on preview or submit or add file button my post disappears. I find that if I hold the mouse button down for five or more second before releasing it seems to help. I also find that I have to copy my text every few lines when typing because the text just disappears. I almost had this done when it all vanished and I had not yet copied any of it, so had to start over. Curse

For the first ten months after I joined the forum I could not post anything no matter what I did. Then in the middle a Jan. one finely worked. And after a few more tries it worked again, it took a lot of tries to post a picture, kept reading the instructions posted elsewhere here and kept trying till it finely worked. In the members list I see a lot of members that have never posted and wonder how many others have had this problem? And yeas I got my son who posts on many other non train related forums to try for me and he could not make it work aether.

Okay I just clicked preview and my text was gone only the quote was left? Shoot I'll try again. And Again! Wallbang

Finally :mrgreen: 2285_
Robert
Modeling the Canadian National prairie region in 1959.
On most of the forums I'm on the preview button doesn't work properly and can erase your post, As long as you DON'T hit preview you should be O.K.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:On most of the forums I'm on the preview button doesn't work properly and can erase your post, As long as you DON'T hit preview you should be O.K.

If I do not preview first every thing vanishes when I hit submit every time I try.

I just tried to submit this without first previewing it and my text all disappeared, but this time when I clicked the back button I was able to get it all back this time :?: Again I will try preview and then submit and see if I can get this up. Nope
Robert
Are you re-sizing your pics? Some phpBB forums don't let you post pics more than 800 pixels wide, and most prefer .jpg format - some
forums software doesn't like .tif or .raw and .png at all - not saying that is the problem here, but it is worth bearing in mind
shortliner Wrote:Are you re-sizing your pics? Some phpBB forums don't let you post pics more than 800 pixels wide, and most prefer .jpg format - some
forums software doesn't like .tif or .raw and .png at all - not saying that is the problem here, but it is worth bearing in mind

Yes all my pictures are jpg and have been re-sized to work. It does not mater if there are pictures or not, it does the same things with or without. It takes two to five attempts to post anything, haven't had one work on the first try yet! Nope It can be very aggravating at times to say the least! Especially if I have forgot to copy and the text disappears while I am typing and I have to start over.
Robert
Here is this past weekends update. I know it is not much but I hope they get better over time. Thanks for taking a look.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok, Thumbsup

the pictures are too small Icon_lol
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Yes I am still working on he layout. laying track and doing some wiring. Just not really any thing worth putting a pic up yet. Once I get some good stuff to post of I will get them up just wanted to give a update. 219
Ok so time to get this thred back up todate. Here is the building That I finished about a month ago. [Image: 635AFF7E-058F-443A-908D-C091B3B56FC4-178...9DE0F7.jpg]
And this is what I have been working on tonight got the tape for the smoth-it put down for the parking lot and the street[Image: 1F1669EA-AC15-47AF-B650-AB056BB208DC-349...164B0F.jpg] Then I got the street poured not to letit dry over night sand it tommrow then start the painting. [Image: 321EE413-CC48-43BA-86D7-2C4B0EC62BD4-349...A462A4.jpg]