The Los Angeles Terminal Railroad
I did not get much done today, so just one more pic of the warehouse.

[Image: la17.JPG]
Kurt
Congrats for your new layout!

I´m starting to build a southern California version of Lance Mindheim´s Palmetto Spur here in Brazil and it will be very nice to watch the progress of your great job as I built it.

I have no doubt it will inspire me a lot! (as your previous layouts did).

Best regards
I really like that warehouse, especially the lines of the facade on the corners. Thumbsup
Ralph
WoW...Glad to see you're back at it..!! 2285_

Won't be long before we are, once again, awe-struck by your masterful building talents...
Thanks for inviting us along for the ride... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
P.D.... A couple of days ago the thought crossed my mind of MAYBE building a samll N-gauge shelf layout....

I quickly put the thought out of my mind..... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
cnw1961 Wrote:Larry, thank you Wink .

Koos, I ccould not find any re-inforcements on this building, even in this old pic from the '30s (what a coincidence, eh? Misngth ): <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/gvgarcia/5309666267/sizes/l/in/photostream/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/gvgarcia/5 ... otostream/</a><!-- m -->. I assume it is a concrete building.

In spite of the devastation caused by the San Francisco earthquake in 1906, I don't think any earthquake standards were enacted until the 1933 Long Beach earthquake. I don't know how many people were killed in that quake, but a lot of un-reinforced masonry building had severe damage and a lot of debris ended up as piles of bricks covering the sidewalks of downtown Long Beach. It may have been that because of the fires in San Francisco, that no one noticed the damage to un-reinforced masonry building in S.F.
Concrete it is then :-)

Looking forward to how this all progresses :-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Ricardo, show us some pics of your layout. I am sure it will give us some inspiration as well.

Ralph, I am amazed myself how well this really simply structure is looking, I though it would be almost unnoticable.

Gus, I am glad that by starting this layout my motivation has come back again ... hey, what is wrong with a small N-scale shelf layout?

Steamtrains Wrote:P.D.... A couple of days ago the thought crossed my mind of MAYBE building a samll N-gauge shelf layout....

I quickly put the thought out of my mind..... Goldth

Don’t be so hasty … give it a chance Goldth .

Larry, thank you for that information.

I worked some more on the warehouse today, but it is hardly visible in the pics. I want to build it with at least two of the loading doors open, so I will have to paint and detail the inside. To have easy acces, I made the rear wall removable. The next step would be to paint the structure, but this will have to wait. I want to finish the streets first.

[Image: la18.JPG]

[Image: la19.JPG]

Here is a pic especially for jonte Wink .

[Image: la20.jpg]
Kurt
Woah. Where did that boxcar come from?

And great looking structure so far. Thumbsup
Gary, I scratchbuilt it 5 years ago as my entry to the Gauge Scratchbuilding Challenge. I used this Accurail car as a template.

[Image: Boxcar1.jpg]

[Image: Boxcar10.jpg]

[Image: Boxcar27.jpg]

[Image: Boxcar32.jpg]

[Image: Boxcar31.jpg]

[Image: Boxcar38.jpg]
Kurt
Thanks Kurt.

As soon as I make some progress on buildings I will post some pics. Thumbsup
Nice job on that car! Did you scratchbuilt more pieces of rolling stock?
Jens
cnw1961 Wrote:Dave, I am using a scalpel with a #11 blade to scribe the plaster. I showed how I am doing it here on my last layout thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3895&start=45#p69340">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3895&start=45#p69340</a><!-- l -->.

Kurt,

I'm losing track as to how many layouts you have on here, not to mention the order of construction Wink

Steve
Ricardo, I am looking forward to it.

Jens, thank you. This boxcar is the only piece of rolling stock I built so far. If I stop tearing down my layouts in their early stages or short before completion, I’ll have enough time some day to build some more Wink Misngth .

Steve Williams Wrote:I'm losing track as to how many layouts you have on here, not to mention the order of construction Wink

Steve, it is not as difficult as it may seem. After I dismantled the Miami layout, I made two attempts that failed … and now, here we are … This time I am sure that I will not tear it down any time soon. I already like it more than every other I did before.
Kurt
Thanks Kurt. I think I am now just about up to date Thumbsup

Regards
Steve