"The Longest Day" (not d-day)
For many years I have had the thought that it would be interesting to spend the first day of summer track side from sunup to sunset.
Yesterday Kevin (railcop) and I did just that at Rochester, Pa. Here are some of the pictures.    
It started off with turning the camera on and finding out all the settings were gone, so I got everything back to normal except the time on the picture. This was the first train we saw, an eastbound about 5:48 AM just a couple minutes after sunrise with the light still pretty low.    
Westbound NS 2519 appeared at 6:29     At 6:48 eastbound 9930 went by.     At 7:02 we had another westbound, 8387. folks started parking along the tracks(where they were trespassing) so we moved to the other side of the tracks, which actually made us a little more out of the way. Then at 8:02 eastbound 7688 appeared.    

We could actuaally see the CSX trains as they crossed the Ohio River, thought they were quite far away.

8:08 PM and there was still one waiting for track east at the west end of Rochester interlocking, but we decided that we had had enough for one day, and would probably not have any light anyway.
It was a great day and I really enjoyed a day out railfanning.
Cheers
Charlie    
HAHA! That's devotion! And I love the last photo - I was hoping you would include your "setup". Icon_lol
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Did you get any train symbols? Inquiring minds and such.
Hi Kevin
Here is one of Kevin about 3 PM

These old night turn guys have some trouble staying awake all day. Goldth
Charlie
railohio Wrote:Did you get any train symbols? Inquiring minds and such.
I never saw any reason to get train symbols, it just isn't important to me. I gave up "paper work" when I retired.
Sorry
Charlie
Charlie---WOW !!!!!---what a great way to start the summer.Those pictures brought back some fond memories Cheers Interesting consist in the train lead by #3338---are those tanks ?