How do you name your layout/help me name mine!!
Frank;

Just name your layout for the Cajon Pass Division of the Santa Fe, 1945-1955.

Or another way; Santa Fe, Cajon Pass Division, 1945 to 1955

You might want to check your vehicles and earthmoving equipment for age compliance.

Unless of course someone living on your layout is in possession of a time portal capable of transporting trucks and earthmoving equipment from the present day back to 1945 to 1955. Popcornbeer

Hey anything is possible, but then the question is; if you can time portal such items wouldnt you relocate items of far greater value than trucks or earthmoving equipment. Icon_lol

The brige is looking great, but can I suggest that you brace the support legs of the benchwork together to prevent movement. Place any horizontal and diagonal braces above shoe and ankle height and make them easy to remove should you require access to any area under or near the bridge for repairs or maintenance. I work in maintenance and its always the hardest thing to get to which is going to give you the greatest grief. Nope Wallbang

As for my layout, I am modelling the Effingham Railroad [EFRR], Effingham, Illinois, 1999 to present with a focus on 2002 to 2007 the Krispy Kreme years.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Why do you need a name since you already have one-Santa Fe?

However,here's my idea:Santa Fe Homefield District.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
The "Zummware" division - I had a shortline that ran from Heere to Thayer, with a twig off the branch to Summerelse
Ralph Wrote:Hey your layout is looking great already!!! I model the Penn Central but wanted to personalize my layout so I call the layout The Kings Port Division after one of my fictional towns. Perhaps you could call your layout the ______ Division of the Santa Fe? Or you could name it after a feature such as a junction.

Ralph
thanks Ralph, your layout motivates me to get better and better!

Mr Fixit Wrote:Frank;

Just name your layout for the Cajon Pass Division of the Santa Fe, 1945-1955.

Or another way; Santa Fe, Cajon Pass Division, 1945 to 1955

You might want to check your vehicles and earthmoving equipment for age compliance.

Unless of course someone living on your layout is in possession of a time portal capable of transporting trucks and earthmoving equipment from the present day back to 1945 to 1955. Popcornbeer

Hey anything is possible, but then the question is; if you can time portal such items wouldnt you relocate items of far greater value than trucks or earthmoving equipment. Icon_lol

The brige is looking great, but can I suggest that you brace the support legs of the benchwork together to prevent movement. Place any horizontal and diagonal braces above shoe and ankle height and make them easy to remove should you require access to any area under or near the bridge for repairs or maintenance. I work in maintenance and its always the hardest thing to get to which is going to give you the greatest grief. Nope Wallbang

As for my layout, I am modelling the Effingham Railroad [EFRR], Effingham, Illinois, 1999 to present with a focus on 2002 to 2007 the Krispy Kreme years.
Mark
Mark you are right, the earth moving equipment is way to modern and belongs to my 9 year old son. Its more n-size and come from so called "surprise-eggs"
dont know if they known in the us.
I know that i have to make my benchwork sturdier but it is all work in progress. The bridge track is also not ready yet.
Santa Fe & Pacific - the "pacific" incorporates the SP & UP ties as well as the region. sounds good and my favourite since wayne suggested it.
Please excuse my bad english but schooltime is 16 years ago :oops:
Santa Fe all the way
Greetings from Germany!
shortliner Wrote:The "Zummware" division - I had a shortline that ran from Heere to Thayer, with a twig off the branch to Summerelse

Icon_lol I like it.

Mark

As for the too modern earthmoving equipment if it helps encourage a future modelrailroader [ie your 9 yo boy] then to spend time with his dad 'playing trains' then forget my previous comment. train

By egg surprise toys do you mean Kinder Surprise?

And your English is doing just fine.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
yes Mark thats it "Kinder Überaschungsei" in german.
Santa Fe all the way
Greetings from Germany!
The main, central station on my layout is Wellow Station (i.e. Wellow, Somerset in SW England) -- so I simply call my layout "Wellow" or "Wellow Station". The rest of the layout is fictionalized but based on the Somerset & Dorset region that Wellow is in.

So maybe you could name it after the most prominent station/city/location on the layout?
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
I think you should go for "Santa Fe -- Xxxxx Division".
I don't remember what the divisions are along there, but I have a couple of videos of the line that I'll check. Or you could pick a different station and name the division for that.
If you plan to model a Santa Fe line, run Santa Fe locos, then call it the Santa Fe.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.