Happy Independence Day...
I'm surprised that no one's yet started this, so let me be the first to wish all of my American friends a very happy Independence Day. 2285_ Waveof7 2285_

Wayne
Happy Birthday Yanky Doodle Neighbours!
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
Why thank you kind sir.

I was just reading a list dispelling myths associated with the celebration of Independence Day. One states that the Continental Congress actually declared independence on July 2. It was July 4, that they adapted the Declaration of Independence. I'm not too sure I understand the difference or the significance, so I'll go along with the general consensuses and ignore John Adam when he wrote, "The second day of July, 1776, will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illumination, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forevermore."

I'm happy with July 4th, so...
HAPPY
INDEPENDENCE DAY
EVERYONE

Have a safe and fun holiday

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Happy fourth of July!

Smile,
Stein
I started it in The Hobo's Camp thraed and forgot to post it out here on the boards too.. Smile Smile

We had some celebrations on the 2nd and more today in the city.. Always a good time. I'm staying home and watching it on TV as always, it ends at midnight and I have to be up at 6 for work,.. so staying home is always a great thing for me Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Happy 4th of July!!! Don, I like that fireworks graphic! Thumbsup
ezdays Wrote:I was just reading a list dispelling myths associated with the celebration of Independence Day. One states that the Continental Congress actually declared independence on July 2. It was July 4, that they adapted the Declaration of Independence.

The Declaration of Independence
in congress, July 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united states of America,

"When in the course of human events --------"

But, how many have ever read beyond the preamble --( that I'm sure most of us had to memorize at one time in our lives ). How many have read the "list of grievances" with the "King of Great Britain", that were the stated issues that caused the American Revolution.
Why we are, is just as important as who we are. Happy Birthday, United States of America !! Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
doctorwayne Wrote:I'm surprised that no one's yet started this, so let me be the first to wish all of my American friends a very happy Independence Day. 2285_ Waveof7 2285_

Wayne

I was busy being independent... 8-)

Happy Fourth to all of you!! Thumbsup