trip to the JGL.
Stopped over at Gary's layout for some adult beverages and some train operation on the home from work yesterday. I managed to grab some shots of the parade of locos along the line.[Image: 20110805203856.jpg] Here a freight pulls into a yard near the engine terminal on the upper level.

[Image: 20110805205128.jpg]A high speed passenger train flies over the river.

[Image: 20110805211054.jpg]A tea kettle waits for some attention at the round house.

[Image: 20110805213020.jpg] Even found a familiar face on a coal drag.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
That's a magnificent layout to see....and a great one to run a train on. Next time you see Gary, tell him I said Hi !!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Cheers Gary's layout is very impressive and I hope to get back for another visit next time I'm in the neighbourhood. I'm also looking forward to resumption of work on his layout.

Wayne
A short vid of a train entering the layout from the hidden staging aria. http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/zz328...181341.mp4
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Double headed steam. Awesome. I also loved that spooky whistle sound too. Wink Thumbsup