FWWR layout - Build
New to this site and wanted to show off my HO scale layout that im currently building. Plan of lower level:[Image: lower.jpg]

Have been working on this for the past 2 years. The FWWR is a small branch line here in the Ft Worth area that has about 400 miles of
track <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fwwr.net/">http://fwwr.net/</a><!-- m --> . My track plan has LDE's and some freelance industries. Currently have benchwork in and complete lower level
track about 98% complete, Facia's in and track wired so I have been able to start running trains. Looking to get into operations but new to
this so it will be slow.

The FWWR has 18 engines, GP38-3, GP50, Gensets, SD-40 also rent some units from NREX. In process of kitbashing many of these units
to use. They also have a few rail cars mostly grain hoppers to use for penut shell use, will be modifing some to reflect these also.

Hope you enjoy.

Wayne Snyder
Gainseville , TX
Wayne Snyder
Creating the Ft Worth Sub - FWWR
First off. WELCOME!!! Thumbsup

Secondly, :needpics:

Lets see some benchwork!!! We love photos showing all stages of layout building, even the bare bones stuff! Big Grin
Welcome Welcome

Good to see you here on "Big Blue", AKA The-Gauge.
Looks like you are fairly well along in the planning stage...That's an interesting room, and I have to ask ---
The "wall" drawn in blue, is that a half wall ?, an addition to create a view block ?, or was that, at one time a closet ?
It's just that I don't remember ever seeing a feature like that in a room before.

Oh, yeah, pictures would help the rest of us, see what you've got done, and where it will go from there. Big Grin Big Grin
There's lots of "help" here, and lots more support, so once again, Welcome Welcome
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter 250, yes that is a half wall that was created. Origanally I was planning to do a small layout in one of the rooms. After having a few kids move in and out I deciced to tear down the wall and make a large train room, two fold idea. Love my kids to death but was getting tired of them bringing more people home.

Here are a few photos to get started:
[Image: DSCN3240.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3243.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3246.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3974.jpg]
[Image: DSCN9933.jpg]
[Image: DSCN9935.jpg]
[Image: DSCN9932.jpg]

Here is a taste, will upload more soon.
Wayne Snyder
Welcome to Big Blue, Wayne.

Looking good so far. Hope to see more; we love pictures as you can tell.
Marc

Bar Extension - 5' x 2.5' N-scale layout plus two decks of shelf layout
Wayne,

Glad you were able to find the best fourm on the internet, there is more posted in a day here then a month on some boards. It is neat to see your layout as I have talked to you about it at the MCPM but you never seem to have any photos. I look forward to seeing more photos of your layout and watch as you progress. I also look forward to seeing more of your work at the next MCPM also!!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
First welcome to the forum!

Woo-Weee another nice looking switching layout! Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Welcome ...and another Texan! Yee haw! Nice looking layout...lotsa potential! Thumbsup

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Lookin' good,Wayne,man i had no idea that you started already?Please make sure to post many pics Smile Expecially of the Walthers Ethanol Series Kits,just curious to see what they look like built up and on a actual layout.I have been considering buying a few of the Ethanol kits just to use them for "kit-bashing" parts.

Looking forward to seeing more from ya!
Don Shriner
Daan here in Tecsas we grow two thangs....Longhorns, and model railroaders... 357

Welcome to the forum...!!! It's as much fun as actually doin' trains...!!! Welcome
Gus (LC&P).
The layout is no more Wallbang . Currently tearing it out and from the ashes will come 'FWWR The Everman Branch'. Wanted a switching based layout and this was a job I became a fan. See <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4547">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4547</a><!-- l --> for what is to become.
Wayne Snyder