NEW MEMBERS...
this is a good demo on handling telemarketers
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waHJhb2wxo">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waHJhb2wxo</a><!-- m -->
Charlie
It seems this thread has morphed into a topic about telemarketers and spammers. Anyway, I "stumbled" upon this web site some time ago and decided to join because I saw so many very nice layouts, large and small. Some had many pages showing development, which I really enjoy. I am in the process of building two layouts, one in my home (a shelf layout) and one in my brothers basement (a double and triple deck affair). When I get a camera, I will post some photos of our development. I like modeling the railroads from my hometown in the 1960s and early 70s. I am happy to be a member here.

Mike
M Sharp Wrote:It seems this thread has morphed into a topic about telemarketers and spammers. Anyway, I "stumbled" upon this web site some time ago and decided to join because I saw so many very nice layouts, large and small. Some had many pages showing development, which I really enjoy. I am in the process of building two layouts, one in my home (a shelf layout) and one in my brothers basement (a double and triple deck affair). When I get a camera, I will post some photos of our development. I like modeling the railroads from my hometown in the 1960s and early 70s. I am happy to be a member here.

Mike
Very Cool!!! Welcome Aboard!!!

And yes, we love to see pictures of other member's work!! Smile

So please feel free to post them Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Hi Mike
Welcome
I think this thread should be moved to the general forum. It is a great thread to welcome new modelers.
I model the transition era PRR and not real fussy about what appears on the pike. I have a thread here at the gauge but have been inactive with the posts for a while. Winter is coming though.
Charlie
Welcome Welcome

Welcome aboard Mike...!! Always good to see new folks showing up. Hopefully you'll quickly find your way around and check out all the great work that is here for our benefit and enjoyment....

Look forward to hearing from you....And, yes...post lots'a pictures... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
To start with, welcome Mike, glad you blew your lurker status and decided to post. Welcome We are happy to see any photos of anything railroad related, be it your layout, a club layout or prototype. As you have seen, we have a lot of skilled modelers here that are willing to help when help is requested and look forward to any advice you can offer as well. Thumbsup

Now, for this thread. It has gone a bit astray, but that's not uncommon in most forums, and it's not always a bad thing either. :ugeek: But since this is the "Forum Problems and Requests" and since this has indeed become a discussion thread, I will move it to the "Lower Berth" so we can go ahead and discuss our disdain for spammers and telemarketers. Wallbang

Oh, BTW, the latest registration question is: What is the most common color for a caboose in America? (use lower case please). There is a choice of two colors, one being more common than the other, but I thought I'd give everyone an option.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Ok Thanks Don for moving the thread, Now I think it is up to all of the older guys to keep this thread close to the top so all new members can see it and put in an appearance. It's fine to lurk, I do it a lot, but it is also nice to let us know who is lurking
Welcome to all the folks I have missed. In case you haven't discovered all ready, this is the best railroad forum on line, BAR NONE. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Charlie