Is It...Or Isn't It?
I was just reading the Sep-Oct N-Scale magazine (Yes, Virginia, there IS an N-scale magazine - several, in fact!) and something on the cover caught my eye.

The cover photo is a trackside industry, bueatifully weathered and served by both truck and rail. The company is named Gamble-Robinson, but the name is painted on the side of the building thusly:

GamblE
RobinsoN

Is this a secret reference to GERN, or merely a coincidence?

Who know... 8-)
Veryyyyyyyyyyyy interesting! You may be on to sumthin' Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Gamble - Robinson was a real company.Funny how I never noticed the cap letters till MM said something about it. Do you suppose Dan Lewis MMR is a member here? He is a huge Milwaukee fan. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I truly doubt if Gamble - Robinson lettering has any thing to do with the fictitious GERN(whatever that is) since GERN is a forum fun thing..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:I truly doubt if Gamble - Robinson lettering has any thing to do with the fictitious GERN(whatever that is) since GERN is a forum fun thing..

Spoil sport! 8-)

Are you absolutely sure, given that forum members are scattered all over the world?
Come to think of it you might have a point. Icon_lol

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gernglas-eng.s-3.dk/?ID=120">http://gernglas-eng.s-3.dk/?ID=120</a><!-- m -->
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
The plot thickens.....

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
...and the pot's a'boilin'....
Gus (LC&P).
Gern Glass,'spose it breaks 3 times as fast? Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:Gern Glass,'spose it breaks 3 times as fast? Eek
Nope, you can see 3% clearer through it, and it holds back 3% more of the suns rays. :mrgreen:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:
Catt Wrote:Gern Glass,'spose it breaks 3 times as fast? Eek
Nope, you can see 3% clearer through it, and it holds back 3% more of the suns rays. :mrgreen:

Plus 3% stronger and 3% lighter. Transparent aluminum's got nothin' on GERN glass...!

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:Plus 3% stronger and 3% lighter. Transparent aluminum's got nothin' on GERN glass...! Andrew

Hmmmmm, now that you mention it, StarFleet manual indicates that GERN glass is also 3% more compatible with transwarp drive. Icon_lol 357 Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
MasonJar Wrote:Plus 3% stronger and 3% lighter. Transparent aluminum's got nothin' on GERN glass...! Andrew

Hmmmmm, now that you mention it, StarFleet manual indicates that GERN glass is also 3% more compatible with transwarp drive. Icon_lol 357 Icon_lol
That's because it's 3% more pliable than transparent aluminum and resists tractor beams 3% better than other products.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
And it makes the Klingons look 3% larger... 8-)
Captain ! There be giants out there !!!!

:oops: :oops: Oh, it's that dratted Gern Glass :oops: Icon_twisted Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!