Self-motivation photos
After saying "I'll get to it" about these two projects for weeks I decided to put them out there as a way of motivating myself to do something. I need to create two tunnels or overpasses, one on either side of my grain elevator complex.

[Image: IMG_2688.jpg]
The track with the covered hoppers goes into a hidden area that allows me to stage a ten car train. I have a switcher push several grain cars onto the layout. Right now it looks pretty ugly. The buildings to the left are just haphazardly sitting there. I'm redoing the little town as well.

[Image: IMG_2690.jpg]
A roadway tunnel needed here along with some finishing of scenic work.

OK, I've aired my dirty laundry. Smile time to do something about it!

Ralph
Excellent idea, Ralph.

Here's my motivational photo. I built the tunnel portal last winter. I need to put terrain around it and finish the road detailing.

[Image: IMG_4987.JPG]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
That's great Tom! I love it! We both gotta "get 'er done!" Goldth Thumbsup
Ralph
Hey guys, I can't wait to see the finished products.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Ralph Wrote:That's great Tom! I love it! We both gotta "get 'er done!" Goldth Thumbsup
Ralph
Don't even go there guy. Goldth
Charlie
You two are braver than I am! Eek
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Charlie B Wrote:
Ralph Wrote:That's great Tom! I love it! We both gotta "get 'er done!" Goldth Thumbsup
Ralph
Don't even go there guy. Goldth
Charlie

Wasn't sure what you might mean by that Charlie until I googled the phrase and see that, including the definition of its meaning that reflects my intended meaning..as in "let's finish these projects", it also has a meaning to some that was certainly NOT intended by me. :oops:

Ralph
Tyson Rayles Wrote:You two are braver than I am! Eek

Sometimes I need a little external accountability to get things done. Smile
What I was implying would be that if I posted pictures for motivation to finish all my projects, this thread would be hi-jacked, In fact, the Gauge doesn't have enough bandwidth for me to post all I have to do. Misngth
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:What I was implying would be that if I posted pictures for motivation to finish all my projects, this thread would be hi-jacked, In fact, the Gauge doesn't have enough bandwidth for me to post all I have to do. Misngth
Charlie

"Oh", as Gilda Radner's character Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "Never mind!!!" 357
What I'm trying to do is motivate myself to complete one project. I'm sure we all have many projects we'd like to complete. I know I do. This is one project where I have visualized the end result and I think I know what I need to do to complete it. Like Ralph, I just need a little nudge to complete it.

Tom

Quote:Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Diet.
Abstain.
More time for trains. 8-)
FiatFan Wrote:What I'm trying to do is motivate myself to complete one project. I'm sure we all have many projects we'd like to complete. I know I do. This is one project where I have visualized the end result and I think I know what I need to do to complete it. Like Ralph, I just need a little nudge to complete it.

Tom

Right! OK, after a communication glitch and some good health advice here is my first progress report. Tom, please feel free to post yours here as well if you'd like!

I made a possible frame work for one tunnel/underpass out of wood. It was a little challenging because the track is routed through the space at an angle. I'll let it sit for a day or two to see how I like it an then consider what to do next....

[Image: IMG_2725.jpg]

Ralph
As far as i'm concerned, EVERY photo I take is a self-motivation photo. Nothing ever looks quite right, and I usually only post the best pictures I have.

If I had to post one picture to motivate me, it would probably be this one; No, its not the lack of Catenary (which I may just totally forget and instead electrify a small module or something), its the lack of everything else in the background. My old Highway bridge is no longer viable, so I either need to make a new one or fill in the sky. I've even considered changing industries on my layout (again) to something that will fill the sky out a little more (George Roberts Printing by Walthers will fit in that spot realistically while taking up the sky). Or perhaps this layout is truly evovled to its highest level, what more can really be done with it? It feels all down hill from here, and I haven't even planted that many trees or people...

And this is just using my RTR trains in the photo. some of the stuff i've custom painted hasn't come out that well, and I can't seem to keep it clean (i can keep bacterial contamination out in the lab but I can't get the dust out of the air for a model train!)

[Image: p9210171modified.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Would love to post photos but right now I'm still a day's drive away from home. I won't be home until Tuesday. By the time I get caught up around home it will probably be the weekend before I get started.

Tom