Where I've been...and where things are now...
Mark,

Worship Very impressive. Worship

What's the overall size? Oh, and did you bid on that Brass N-Scale HH GP-30 on eBay?

Mark
Overall size is about 16 feet long. It's 14 inches in the middle, expanding to 24 inches at the ends.

Nope...I didn't bid on it...probably should have...but didn't. I just know Atlas will make one next year! Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Nifty!

Looks like the water tower could be glued to the ceiling for extra stability! Goldth
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Good eye! I noticed it wasn't sitting where it was supposed to be after the pictures were taken. Normally, there's a bit more clearance between the ceiling and the water tower.

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Mark

--and--
Fantastic layout! I love how the industrial building tower over everything, and that the "ends" are covered with city buildings and such. There is a lot to see, and probably tons more to add!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Oh yes...there's still a lot to do. Overall, the layout has a "too new" look to it. There's a ton of weathering of every building on the layout. Plus, after viewing "Sweethome Alabama" I can see the definite need to mix up the greenery on the layout. Granted, we have a lot of the same bushes and trees in the NC/SC area, but I should mix it up better.

The "big buildings" at the west edge were placed there to hide a longer train as best as I could. I love running big Amtrak, Santa Fe, Southern or UP passenger trains on "excursion" runs, but needed a way to hide the long consists...so I chose the Walther's Superior Paper Mill.
Mark

--and--
Mark...That may be N-scale, but there's lots of big stuff going on.... Some nice urban settings and "real-life" situations...Looks great..!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks! I really owe a debt to the many great layouts I've seen here on this forum. There's a lot of inspiration and instruction to be gained from viewing the pictures found on Big Blue.
Mark

--and--
Herc Driver Wrote:Oh yes...there's still a lot to do. Overall, the layout has a "too new" look to it. There's a ton of weathering of every building on the layout. Plus, after viewing "Sweethome Alabama" I can see the definite need to mix up the greenery on the layout. Granted, we have a lot of the same bushes and trees in the NC/SC area, but I should mix it up better.

The "big buildings" at the west edge were placed there to hide a longer train as best as I could. I love running big Amtrak, Santa Fe, Southern or UP passenger trains on "excursion" runs, but needed a way to hide the long consists...so I chose the Walther's Superior Paper Mill.

My original plan was to use tall buildings instead of purpose made view blocks to help "enlarge" my 4x8. I kind went back on that now, since I replaced many of my larger buildings with smaller (height wise) ones, but It certainly seems to have worked out well for you. I love that superior paper kit, i've considered buying it just to have around on several occasions (need me some auto assembly plants to!). It is a huge structure though, I would have a hard time fitting it in!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
I will give a big thumbs up to Walther's Superior Paper kit. Both buildings were well modeled and fit together well. The foot print is large, that is true, but there's not a "bad side" to the kit so you can place it just about any direction you need as I did. I haven't "named" the complex yet, but am leaning towards a fabrication plant.
Mark

--and--
Looking good Mark! Cheers Thumbsup Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Mark it looks awesome,but could sure use some blue behind it. Other than that I think I'm slightly jealous. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Ah yes...the background. That is still very much "in the works." Although I have no idea how I'm going to pull it off yet. There's very little room to use between the top of the layout, so I'm working on ideas including a flexible material painted blue (painting the walls/ceiling isn't an option) and even some flat building pictures to help break up the background sight line.
Mark

--and--
G'day Mark,
From the following remark you made in your first post of this thread:

Quote:Where things are tonight after adding some much needed North Carolina greenery...
I assume that my proposed North Carolina located Industrial Switching Layout will need lots of greenery such as trees and shrubs wherever a road, path, building site etc is not and where a lawn mower, brush-cutter, or whipper snipper (weed whacker?) has never been.
My exploration through BING and GOOGLE maps suggests that that in North Carolina 'the word for world is forest'.
I've also heard that kudzu(?) is a big problem also.
Regards,
Andrew G.
Always learning, from both wins and losses.
My Model Railway blog: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ttrakandrew.wordpress.com/">http://ttrakandrew.wordpress.com/</a><!-- m -->
My FlickR Photostream: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/85896932@N07/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/85896932@N07/</a><!-- m -->
"My exploration through BING and GOOGLE maps suggests that that in North Carolina 'the word for world is forest'.
I've also heard that kudzu(?) is a big problem also."

You are correct Andrew. Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string