11 11 11 11:11
It's 11:11 PM CST, on 11/11/11 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Dang it! It went by and I didn't even see it.
Doesn't matter that you missed it, it wasn't the real thing. The real thing was in the year 1111 not 2011. The next real one will be in 2222. 35 Popcornbeer Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Doesn't matter that you missed it, it wasn't the real thing. The real thing was in the year 1111 not 2011. The next real one will be in 2222. 35 Popcornbeer Icon_lol

There was no Veteran's Day in 1111...so I guess you will never see or celebrate one. Icon_lol
I kinda have to agree with Tyson. May as well go the nth degree on stuff like this Big Grin
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Doesn't matter that you missed it, it wasn't the real thing. The real thing was in the year 1111 not 2011. The next real one will be in 2222. 35 Popcornbeer Icon_lol

Icon_lol Nope It wasn't "the real thing" , I was there ! ---- OK I wasn't but I feel old enough to have been ! :o Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Hmmm.... it will be impossible to have a 22:22 on 22-22-2222

seems like the only "real" all numbers the same date happened only twice at 11:11 on 11-11-1111
The twice comes in with AM and PM
I'm going to wait for 20/11/2011 in another week or so.
And then my birthday on 20/12/2012.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Gary S Wrote:Hmmm.... it will be impossible to have a 22:22 on 22-22-2222
seems like the only "real" all numbers the same date happened only twice at 11:11 on 11-11-1111
The twice comes in with AM and PM

" it will be impossible to have a 22:22 on 22-22-2222 "

Impossible. ------unless you're on Military time ( 24 hour clock ) then 22:22 is 10:22 PM .
" seems like the only "real" all numbers the same date happened only twice at 11:11 on 11-11-1111
The twice comes in with AM and PM "

but will happen again in nine thousand one hundred years at 11:11 on 11-11-11111 ............again twice, and then, one hundred thousand years, after that..... and one million years after that..........

The first time I ran into an "all ones situation", was with a diagnostic tool for troubleshooting reel to reel tape drives. It was an "All Ones tape". ( a continuous series of pulses recorded on magnetic tape, which represented a continuous series of digital "ones" ). :mrgreen:
"There was no Veteran's Day in 1111...so I guess you will never see or celebrate one. "

I was refering to a palidrome date (all numbers the same) not Veteran's Day. Somehow it escaped my feeble mind that we don't have a 22nd month! Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
S250, you're right, it will happen again a long time from now. But the military time thing is out because as Tyson caught, there is no 22 month!
Sumpter250 Wrote:but will happen again in nine thousand one hundred years at 11:11 on 11-11-11111 ............again twice, and then, one hundred thousand years, after that..... and one million years after that..........

Do you think that, in the year 9999, people will be concerned about the world shutting down due to the year setting in computers being set for 4 digit years? (like they were in 1999, because computers were programmed for 2 digit years) So then, like the Y2K switch/computer updates of 11 years ago, there will have to be a scramble to update computers for the Y10K switch.
-Dave
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Somehow it escaped my feeble mind that we don't have a 22nd month! Icon_lol

:oops: :oops: :oops: I guess "feeble minds", just like great minds, think alike.....the 22nd month thing , very easily eluded my feeble mind too.

puddlejumper wrote: " Do you think that, in the year 9999, people will be concerned about the world shutting down due to the year setting in computers being set for 4 digit years? (like they were in 1999, because computers were programmed for 2 digit years) So then, like the Y2K switch/computer updates of 11 years ago, there will have to be a scramble to update computers for the Y10K switch. "

Oh, I would dearly like to "return" for that New Years Eve !! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_lol Icon_lol
Rather than look to the future repetitive dates where we can only speculate what life will be like here by then, we should look back in history where it's a bit easier to guess how things were. We had the year 1111 in which the Crusaders and the Turks fought in the Battle of Shaizar. Possibly there could have been a veterans day on 11-11-1111. Then there was the 11th year, perhaps the Romans were marching upon some other land and there were vets from those wars. There could have been a vets day in honor of those brave soldiers on 11-11-11 (no, not 11-11-2011). But the greatest day of them all to remember, should still be, 1-1-1. We have to assume that the current calendar started on that day, since it really wasn't invented for quite a few centuries after that.

Yes, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a vets day in those years, but there could have been and they could have occurred on those dates.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD