Port Able Railway as a pseudo Ingleferry Wharf ISL
I have become obsessed with Jack Trollope's (aka Shortliner) Ingleferry Wharf layout. He built it as part of a layout shoebox challenge so that the entire layout fits inside of a shoebox except for the rolling stock and electrical supply. There's a link to the story of the layout in Carl Arendt's website <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://carendt.us/scrapbook/page78a/index.html">http://carendt.us/scrapbook/page78a/index.html</a><!-- m -->.

I plan on doing a similar project, but I'm making a layout that collapses into 4 pieces and stores into a Staples Model: 17832-CC Legal String & Button Storage Box which measures 10"H x 15"W x 24"D.

[Image: 6521693687_1b2954d83a_b.jpg]

The main difference is all of his switching takes place on the carfloat which is used as a traverser. I'm going to design the layout as an ISL with the float bridge as one of its components. While Jack used a 3 track car float with 3 cars per track as opposed to the 2 track car float with 3 cars per track that I will use.

The yellow area will house a wharf side warehouse with a freight ship on the backdrop and a few team tracks.

I also plan to store the electrical and rolling stock inside the box with the layout.

This is just my first draft with more to follow.

( Moderator note: do to wide spread difficulties with the individual pictures loading correctly, most likely caused by site "privacyware", those links have been removed. Clicking directly on the link to Carl Arendt's scrapbook, will bring them up more surely. ---Sumpter250 )
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Your images don't seem to have posted properly. ( see first post )

Sounds like an audacious project you're about to embark upon. good luck with it. Thumbsup
I know Jack thru other forums and I agree he is a genius (and seems like a nice guy too!). It looks like your layout would be fun to switch! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
MountainMan Wrote:Your images don't seem to have posted properly.

Sounds like an audacious project you're about to embark upon. good luck with it. Thumbsup

I ran into the same thing at first...I just saw the word "Image" several times in a column. After I clicked on the link and then returned to the thread I could see all of the images. ( see first post)

Nifty little layout! I like car float scenes of all sizes! Thumbsup
Ralph
Sounds like its going to be a very interesting layout.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Gee guys - much blushing and red faces at this end - If I can help I will :oops: :oops: :oops:
Are the pictures still not showing up. The entire post with pictures is showing on my computer at work.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Ralph Wrote:"MountainMan" wrote: Your images don't seem to have posted properly.

I ran into the same thing at first...I just saw the word "Image" several times in a column. After I clicked on the link and then returned to the thread I could see all of the images. Ralph

I tried that, and it worked. That's a bit strange. Wink Wink Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
OK so I'm not going nuts. Did I load too many pictures?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Sumpter250 Wrote:
Ralph Wrote:"MountainMan" wrote: Your images don't seem to have posted properly.

I ran into the same thing at first...I just saw the word "Image" several times in a column. After I clicked on the link and then returned to the thread I could see all of the images. Ralph

I tried that, and it worked. That's a bit strange. Wink Wink Wink

I tried the same thing, and it worked here too... Hmm, all the pics are linked from the carendt website, I wonder if it has some kind of hotlinking protection to prevent other sites from linking directly to the pics. When you click on the link to visit the website maybe there's a cookie allowing the pics to show when returning to Big Blue... ?

Svein
Not so far as I'm aware, but going to the CA site probably moves the pics intothe cache on your computer so that when you click on them again it works
Well, it doesn't work (at least not for me) if I right click to open the link in another browser tab and then reload the Big Blue tab, I have to load the carendt site in the same tab and then click the return button. Strange indeed... :?

Svein
I tried Ralph's trick yesterday and it worked. Today I had a couple of "image"s so I tried it again -- and all the pix disappeared.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
For those having problems getting the photos to come up they are also here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21254&whichpage=10">http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topi ... ichpage=10</a><!-- m --> 5th post down
Should I do a do-over thread or resubmit the pictures?
( see note in first post)
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines