My girlfriend's work thread
Looking good!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
That is a wonderful ballasted track. I wish I had the patience to do such great looking tracks too.
Reinhard
ReWow... The picture taken from the lower angle is worht a magazine cover... Her attention to details is biblical.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Slightly off topic here now, but not entirely... We've agreed that Vigdis should have the smaller room for her future layout, and since my own room is still filled with clutter, it's easier to finish her room first. She's thinking of a shelf layout around the walls too, just like me, and there will be plenty of storage space under the layout.

Yesterday evening we tore down the built in shelf and the ugly masonite boards in the ceiling, revealing the old beams and sheathing to the floor above. A lot of dust and spider webs also, but no signs of fungus or rot. Nice and dry, that's what we want! Smile

[Image: 2280_w1200.jpg]

The walls will be scrubbed with a special masonry and concrete detergent and then painted, and the ceiling will be panelled for a warmer feeling. Today we went to the local home depot and bought the panelling, and so we'll just see how far along we get this weekend.

Svein
Poured the first layer of water today. She is using WS Realistic Water with a drop of blue and green, this layer is about 3mm (1/8") thick. According to the instructions we have to wait for a minimum of 24 hours before pouring the second layer, which will be clear. After the second layer has dried, she has some WS Water Effects to be used where she wants more ripples in the water, around the trestle and down the stream.

[Image: 2298_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2301_w1200.jpg]

BTW, don't mind Bart there in the background, he's just bragging about the fish he caught the last time he slept over in the shack... Wink

Svein
She's really good at this scenery stuff! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Another excellent piece of scenery work from Vigdis!

Smile,
Stein
The "depth" of that pond is amazing ! Beautifully done !! Worship Worship Worship Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Cheers A very nice scene!
Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
There is nothing to say Worship Waveof7
Charlie
Hi all and thank you. It's great to hear you like it. Smile I hope i can get it all done this week. Icon_lol

Vigdis
The second layer of water was poured yesterday, and the fishing shack area was finished this evening. There's still some touch up work to do, but here's some new pics:

[Image: 2311_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2312_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2313_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2314_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2315_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2316_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2319_w1200.jpg]

As you can see, the water has crept up against the tape along the edge. Any ideas how to remove this?

Svein
Svein Wrote:As you can see, the water has crept up against the tape along the edge. Any ideas how to remove this?
Svein

The viscosity of the WS "water" increases its surface tension, and causes it to "creep".
The only thing I can think of to remove the "ridge" caused, would be to tape a straight edge at the height of the water
surface , and use it as a guide to remove the "ridge" with a sharp ( single edge razor blade? ) cutting tool......or, just leave it as is, you will see the cut edge, though it may not be as obnoxious as the ridge.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Excellent diorama modelling 8-)

Jon
Sweethome Chicago is now on Facebook

Sweethome Alabama is now on Facebook

Hudson Road is now on Facebook

my videos

my Railimages
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Svein Wrote:As you can see, the water has crept up against the tape along the edge. Any ideas how to remove this?
Svein

The viscosity of the WS "water" increases its surface tension, and causes it to "creep".
The only thing I can think of to remove the "ridge" caused, would be to tape a straight edge at the height of the water
surface , and use it as a guide to remove the "ridge" with a sharp ( single edge razor blade? ) cutting tool......or, just leave it as is, you will see the cut edge, though it may not be as obnoxious as the ridge.

If I remember correctly in an RMC article they addressed this issue by placing some Vasoline at on the posts and edges where the water would creep. This caused the water medium (Envirotex if I recall) to go down the posts instead of creep up. Once cured you can wipe off the Vasoline and use a gloss medium to "paint" around the posts and edges to hide the effect. I'll double check the article for what exactly was done and post up. I've kept this little nugget of information in my back pocket as reminder because I'll be trying it myself when I'm ready to pour my water to avoid this very issue.

Of course this idea doesn't help after the fact. :oops:

Beautiful modelling by the way. The scene looks wonderful and has some nice details to it that tell a story. Thumbsup