Something for the weekend Sir?
Hi all,
I've been a little tied up with work this month but on Tuesday of last week I received four freight cars from a friend, who was thinning out his stock...
Included in these were two Walthers hooded coil cars.

Then on Thursday I received a call from another friend who was looking for a couple more layouts for his rail show in June.

This got me thinking ..... could I combine the two.??
So on the Friday I called into my local hobby shop and picked up some Peco track, and with the weekend free I started the New Field Yard of the Indiana Harbour Belt.

Here is a photo of the baseboard which was made from 4" x 1/2" ply taken about lunch time on Saturday.

By 4pm the track was down with the wiring added

Attached Files Image(s)

Chris
England
Sunday again was free so I continued with the layout

The retaining wall and overpass are made from 3mm fore core

Chris
England
I ordered a couple of locos from Trainworld of Friday and they arrived today.

The idea of the layout is the back end of a yard and I just switch the cars around to make up a couple of trains.
the layout is 6' by 9"
Chris
England
Beautiful, I have been a great fan of the Chicago area and the IHB until I got infected by the southern virus... Wink You can do some serious steel switching with IHB equipment. Do you have plans to do a backdrop with Bethlehem/Inland steel? They have some very unique boxcar read building around their rolling mills. Must be a great backdrop painting.
Reinhard
This is an interesting idea -- the overall layout here reminds me of the West Colton, CA departure yard:    
It seems like the creative challenge here would be to give the impression that modern-size trains are being made up, when you just have headroom on the leads for a loco and a couple of cars. I would definitely add more eye candy in the form of relay cases, switch machines, SUVs to deliver and pick up crews, yard lights, etc etc
wsor4490uk Wrote:Then on Thursday I received a call from another friend who was looking for a couple more layouts for his rail show in June.

I trust the paint will be dry on this one Chris. 8-)
Bob Hughes
Blackcloud's Blog
Blackcloud Railways Wrote:
wsor4490uk Wrote:Then on Thursday I received a call from another friend who was looking for a couple more layouts for his rail show in June.

I trust the paint will be dry on this one Chris. 8-)

Its still a little wet now, but there are still 4 months between now and the show so who knows Icon_lol
Chris
England
Wow! You really move fast, looking really good. Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Great results in a short time!!! Worship
Crazy inspiration! Are you sure you took tie to eat and sleep properly? Icon_lol

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/