My plastic freight car challenge
The pickle car project is near to finish! Good things need a time however they will take a good end!

[Image: heinzpicklecar_25k.jpg]

Models were sent to my friend for painting - and short after a few of the queenposts broke. They have been made from a hard whitemetal (we say printer metal - a terne metal with a high part antimony) and so I must replace them, all. At a complete detailed model with trussrods and a complete brake gear! And, in addition, the available queenposts were still too short. So I soldered the queenposts on foot plates and I have get the correct height. All in all a really complicated repair however with a good result.

[Image: heinzpicklecar_30kf.jpg]

Yesterday I received a first picture of the first painted model. I think that that is a really fine work!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Worship Worship Worship

Absolutely stunning work....!!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Beautiful as always!
Reinhard
Very nicely done. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Very nicely done. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Cheers Thumbsup
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Yep! Cheers Very nice! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Wow nice work Thumbsup
Thank you all for your friendly comments however I must say that a good friend painted the model and I think that he should get this honour.
Joerg, many thanks for your fine work!
Cheers, Bernd

You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Bernhard---you and your friend Joerg are an excellent team---outstanding workmanship Cheers
Thanks again!

Joerg also has painted the Great Northern reefer that is pictured some posts before the pickle car. I think that he is a really good model train painter. (And I hope to get more models from him. However we are working together already at our next project.)
Cheers, Bernd

That's wonderful!!! Thumbsup
Today one more picture of my two other pickle cars ...

[Image: heinzpicklecar_32kf.jpg]

where the painter added a few aging and weathering to models - and you see that models are more sagged as the first "new" model.
Last a picture of these cars pulled by my new digitalized Erie L-1, ...

[Image: erie-l1-angus_32k.jpg]

... taking here its first test run on a bigger modular layout at Fremo meeting in Unna/Germany - unfortunately not with a 100 percent success. However about this I will write in an extra thread later.

Thanks here to Don (Ezdays) for his great help that I could replace all these picture-urls (and in a second thread additionally) which were got lost by a server change. Thanks aagin, Don!
Cheers, Bernd

That is a gorgeous car! Worship
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
what an impressive train.
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
IndyCity Wrote:what an impressive train.

Yes! Three cars behind a giant!
And also this 25 car train is like a toy train for this heavy and powerful engine.

But - thanks for your commendation. I will pass it down to my friend Joerg who has made a really fine paint job.
Cheers, Bernd