Does this make me a FAILURE ?
...thangkew , thangkew veruh much .

The Kang
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Evertime something new comes out..... buy it........use it for a while than it seems obsolete...new faster, more options,more storage bigger brighter last longer on charge, ALL THE HYPE just make all the manufacturers RICH.............what would happen if when it came out NOBODY purchases it [not likely to happen],maybe things would change......i got a i-pod 2yrs ago and have several apps i found out i ccould not continue
with those apps [updates] because it wasnt strong or big enough to update.......am i supposed to spend 250.00 to buy another i -pod to read afew apps......HELL NO.....i am not addicted like some brainwashed geeks.................. 35
THIS JUST IN !!!!!

Apple has announced the new iTit , a breast implant that will range in price from $499 to $899 depending on cup and speaker size . Apparently the reason for this new product was to appease women who complain that men are always staring at their breasts and not listening to them . As if .

T ...you heard it first action news
teejay Wrote:THIS JUST IN !!!!!

Apple has announced the new iTit , a breast implant that will range in price from $499 to $899 depending on cup and speaker size . Apparently the reason for this new product was to appease women who complain that men are always staring at their breasts and not listening to them . As if .

T ...you heard it first action news

357 357 357
Good one...!!!
Gus (LC&P).
Hi everyone! Been out for a while, good to be back.

Wife and I both have smartphones, two laptops, an iPad (version 1), 4 iPods in the house, and the oldest has a Kindle Fire. Just recently got rid of the desk in the living room and most everything computer or gadget-wise in the house is connected wirelessly. I'm not a gadget hound but I am a techie to certain degree. We really can't go with out being connected these days as the kids' school is requiring more and more working knowledge of computers and the use of them. Don't look for it to slow down either.....heck, the new laptop has 2 x 500GB HDD in it and I never though I'd see the day when that happened.

As for the texting or talking while driving, I don't think it should be a law (sorry, you can debate it later), it's all part of personal responsibility which a lot of people these days don't seem to have. I don't talk or text while driving anymore like I used to do, I'd like to arrive at my destination in one piece.

Steve Jobs was a crazy genius, period. Read the book about him, he knew exactly what he was doing and would do what it took to make it happen. I'm not an Apple fan boy but he sure did change technology.

The iPad is nice but I just can't see spending $500 for a device that does the same things that my laptop already does. The iPad that my wife has was a gift from her sister, so far the only thing I've found interesting is the functionality of Garageband.

The sad thing is I think I text more on my phone than actually using the "phone". Goldth

If you want a good laugh, look up "the apple wheel" on The Onion.
Mike
{ Note: The opinions expressed by this " road-survivor " are not those of Big Blue }
Not getting the latest i device, doesn't make you a failure.
using one while driving very well could!
In the forty+ years that I've been driving, I've had more "near misses", and outright "abandon the road" incidents with cell phone users, than I ever had with drunks! but, I guess cell phones weren't "made by the devil" so cell usage while driving will never be treated in the same manner as having had a drink too many.
Where are the "Mothers Against Distracted Driving" when they are needed most ? Oh, of course, they are lobbying to restore prohibition.

Oh, I pull off the road when my cell phone "rings". I may be a fool, but I am at least, a careful fool.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:...Oh, I pull off the road when my cell phone "rings". I may be a fool, but I am at least, a careful fool.

How can you tell if you're following a cell-phone junkie? That's easy,
  • If the car ahead is going a good ten miles under the speed limit in the fast lane, you can be pretty sure they're on the phone.

If the car in the middle lane isn't sure where the lane markers are and is weaving between all lanes, you can be pretty sure they're on the phone.

If you look in the rear view mirror when stopped at a light and the car behind you is still moving with plumes of tire rubber burning, you can be pretty sure they're on the phone. (uh, this happened to us a while back, luckily, there was no one in front of us and I was able to pull up just as she was filling in the spot we were sitting in) Eek

If the driver next to you is looking at something in their hand or lap and only has one or no hands on the wheel,you can be pretty sure they're texting away.
Us, we wouldn't know if our phone rings since we keep it off since it's only there in case of an emergency. If anyone wants to talk to us, they know our home phone number. Yes, we still have a land line... Tongue
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
nachoman Wrote:I'm still not in the "cell phone" age. If I'm not at work or at home or at the local pub. I don't want to be bothered! Cheers

I agree with Kevin: while I do have a cellphone, it's "off" unless I need to use it. I don't need to be contacted by anyone for any reason and seldom need to contact anyone else. If your employer "gives" you a cellphone, it's simply a means of requiring you to put in unpaid extra time when it rings outside of your normal working hours.
I also own a GPS - this can be a useful item, but is certainly not infallible. It also, like a cellphone, allows you to be "tracked", which, to me, smacks too much of "big brother": innocuous now perhaps, but the potential for abuse is certainly there. The more of these technical innovations that I see, the more that I realise that their main function is to generate sales for the manufacturers and the service providers and consumers seem to willingly buy into it.
I'm inching towards disconnecting from what little of it involves my participation. Wink

Wayne
My cell phone is still just a phone. No camera, no text, no apps. When someone calls, it rings. When I need to call someone, I call.

When I got this phone, the Verizon lady started showing me all the latest greatest "has a camera, a computer, a date planner, blah blah blah." I told her "If I wanted a camera, I would have gone to the camera store, if I wanted a computer, I would have gone...etc."

Old school roCkS in my world, baby!

docWayne, concerning the "free time given to your employer".... my employer does pay for my phone. I don't mind taking care of business in "off hours" because that reinforces the notion that I can take off anytime I want during "working hours" with pay! Big Grin
A friend of mine drives a truck for a living and we got to talking about the cell-phone-while-driving deal . In all seriousness , he told me what scares him most are LAPTOP USERS while driving . I could hardly believe him but he swore it was true .And not just one or two instances . Talk about multi-tasking .....multi stupid ! Goldth

T
Gary S Wrote:docWayne, concerning the "free time given to your employer".... my employer does pay for my phone. I don't mind taking care of business in "off hours" because that reinforces the notion that I can take off anytime I want during "working hours" with pay! Big Grin

That sounds to me like a reasonable trade-off. Thumbsup

Mine is also only a 'phone, but I had to go back to the service provider to get the internet option disabled and to find out how to actually turn the 'phone "off". Misngth It seems that if I carried it in my shirt pocket, it would dial random numbers generated by my movements, an easy way to run through the time on a $10.00 pay-as-you-go card. Icon_lol

Most of the time, I prefer to be disconnected from everything. Goldth

Wayne