Supermoon
How many of you remembered to take a look at the Moon last night, 14% larger in appearance than usual?
MountainMan Wrote:How many of you remembered to take a look at the Moon last night, 14% larger in appearance than usual?

We went out right after dark and saw a large moon, but it wasn't suppose to get to super-size until close to midnight and that just wasn't on our schedule (early to sleep, early to rise). We did however, get to see the moon, Saturn and the other star (begins with "S" but I forgot the name) :oops: in "conjunction" a few nights ago. Not as impressive as the super-moon, but we were able to identify them all, one of the few time I was able to look at the sky and say, "gee, I know what that bright dot up there is" Big Grin ...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I was hoping to see it but we had thick cloud cover and lots of rain later. It seems we always miss the best astronomical events due to rain! That said I did enjoy viewing a bright Venus and Jupiter close to each other in March for several nights.
Ralph Wrote:I was hoping to see it but we had thick cloud cover and lots of rain later. It seems we always miss the best astronomical events due to rain! That said I did enjoy viewing a bright Venus and Jupiter close to each other in March for several nights.

Hazy/cloudy skies didn't help any last night.
The Venus/Jupiter pair, AND the moon made for a magnificent spectacle last month....

P.D. The "S" star may have been Syrus...
Gus (LC&P).
Yeah,it was large ok..

While I was looking at it I thought of the song "By the light of the silvery moon" don't know why.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I guess my judgement isn't quite as good as it usta was. My wife and I both went out to see it, and both of us thought we had seen it bigger, like "Shine On Harvest Moon". Maybe the color had swomething to do with it. It just seemed like it had appeared half again as big to me before.

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
MountainMan Wrote:How many of you remembered to take a look at the Moon last night, 14% larger in appearance than usual?

Nicely visible here, too, although GERN made it a total of 17% larger than normal. Wink Misngth Misngth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Nicely visible here, too, although GERN made it a total of 17% larger than normal. Wink Misngth Misngth

Wayne
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Steamtrains Wrote:...P.D. The "S" star may have been Syrus...

Nope, I checked my map and apparently it was Spica. I never heard of this one, but then again, I'm not into astrology either so what do I know???? :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Cloudy, and rain, and it's raining again today - - - - Must be "lake effect" :o Nope 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
ezdays Wrote:Nope, I checked my map and apparently it was Spica. I never heard of this one, but then again, I'm not into astrology either so what do I know???? :?

Ummm... you mean Astronomy right? Misngth
tetters Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Nope, I checked my map and apparently it was Spica. I never heard of this one, but then again, I'm not into astrology either so what do I know???? :?

Ummm... you mean Astronomy right? Misngth
Don't know nuttin' about either one...... especially when I try to post before I've had my coffee. Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and