Banding
I checked the various types of banding and the normal size for my needs is 2" which is heavy duty with a breaking point of 12,300 lbs.

Don,The stuff you have would come closer so far.

Lynn,Thanks for the offer but,with the limited use of my right hand I think I better pass..It will be hard for me just using tape.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:I checked the various types of banding and the normal size for my needs is 2" which is heavy duty with a breaking point of 12,300 lbs.

Don,The stuff you have would come closer so far.

Lynn,Thanks for the offer but,with the limited use of my right hand I think I better pass..It will be hard for me just using tape.
Larry,

I have a roll of .026 which comes in at about 2.25" in HO. It is black, and that might work since some banding is black. If you want silver or another color, I frequently paint it by putting it on a sheet of acetate or other clear plastic and painting it with acrylics. That works well for road stripes and other places where a color stripe is required; I've even used it on a loco. It does stretch a bit since it's purpose it for PCB layout and so you can even make smooth curves with it.

I think I have your address, but PM me with it just to be sure.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD