Poll: Are you interested in decals for biL's Lehigh Susquehanna & Western railroad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 HO scale set in white
25.00%
5 25.00%
2 HO scale sets in white
35.00%
7 35.00%
3 HO scale sets in white
15.00%
3 15.00%
4 HO scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
5 HO scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 HO scale set in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
2 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
4 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in white
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in black
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
3 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remembering biL Marsland...
Those are cool decals, but I must have somehow missed how to order them and if they're even available at this point?
I'd like them for a modern car similar to Reinhard too, white lettering would be great. Any chance there is still a sheet available, and how to order them?
My small modules that I'm planning to build will have a small GERN loading warehouse, so having a box car for the shipping of flux would be great. Thumbsup

thanks,

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Koos, I have a very limited number of sets left. After everyone from the first round gets theirs in the mail, these sets will be offered. I'll mark you down for one set in white.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Koos, I have a very limited number of sets left. After everyone from the first round gets theirs in the mail, these sets will be offered. I'll mark you down for one set in white.

Wayne

Fantastic thanks Wayne! Now that GERN is making inroads into European markets, I thought it be good to have a facility on my layout in the UK.
Perhaps it will kick start the economy here , get it out of recession and have it growing by 3% in the near future.
:-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Here's a builder's photo of one of my LS&W Accurail hoppers. I'm still awaiting delivery of the other cars.

[Image: CopyofLSWbuildersphotos013.jpg]

...and a few cars rolling through town:

[Image: LSWbuildersphotos001.jpg]

Wayne
Those hoppers look really good Wayne! I hope to half as good a job on mine.
Excellent Wayne. Now I know how my LS&W twins will look. I will follow your number series as well.

Dave
-Dave
That string of hoppers is looking great!
Reinhard
Outstanding Doctor Wayne Cheers
Cheers Cheers

Terrific job...!! I'm sure BiL would have been flattered.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks to all for the kind comments, but biL was the one who came up with the roadname, the herald, the whole concept of the LS&W, and the one who made such a personal impression on me that compelled me to attempt to fulfil at least a part of his vision for it. I'm very grateful to all of you who have joined in on this tribute to his memory, as I couldn't have brought it this far without your support.

My numbering scheme, paint colour choices, chosen car styles, and just about anything related are simply my personal choices, so no one is bound to follow any of them. I'll be doing gondolas, covered hoppers, and a boxcar to go with these hoppers, and will post pictures when the cars are done. A friend, not a member of this or any other forum, has decided that he wants some LS&W cars, too, but has opted for offset-side triple hoppers, painted in oxide red.
I certainly don't mind if someone wishes to follow my examples, but I'm no more the authority on what's right or wrong than anyone else here. I think that if you can draw satisfaction out of whatever you wish to make from the decal sets, then biL will be pleased.

Wayne
You can't get wrong with black hoppers! Nice work on them Wayne. I wasn't sure about Bil's esthetical choice when I saw the decal sheets, but it really looks right when put on a model! Big Grin

Hope to see others reinterpretation of this roadname here!

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Matt, when the artwork was being done for the decals, I based the lettering sizes on my own EG&E custom lettering. However, I failed to take into account the width of the strokes on both letters and numerals, and the material intended for use as the car-side reporting marks and numbers is, on smaller cars, a little too large for my tastes.
Here's a hopper which I did for my good friend Ed (Mister nutbar). He models the '50s, and I thought that the larger letters would look appropriate for that era. However, on seeing the semi-finished car, I wasn't too favourably impressed, and ended-up re-doing it with the smaller lettering which had originally been intended for the HO scale car ends, the same as that which I used on my own cars.

[Image: LSWtestphotos001.jpg]

The larger lettering looks not too bad on full-height house cars, but I think that it would probably look best on more modern cars which are generally larger over-all.
The choice however, is totally up to the individual, and I would certainly not criticise anyone for their preference. I don't recall that biL mentioned any particular cars which he hoped to use, either. I've made my choices based on what I like and will, when I finally get the rolling stock, be adding gondolas, covered hoppers and a boxcar.

Wayne
I am sorry that I missed this thread until now. I, too, would be honored to add something to my layout to remember him. PM me whatever I need to do to get in on the decals.

Mat
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Matt (and anyone else who may be interested in a set of these decals): over the past few days, I've sent out some more of the decals to various modellers. When they let me know that they've received them in good condition, I'll release the few remaining sets for public sale. This will be on a first-come basis, and they'll be reserved (pending the notation previously mentioned) in the order in which requests are received. The most that I'll have to offer is four sets in white, and one in black.
There may be an option available to buy partial decal sheets from those who have already purchased sheets, but who do not intend to use all of the lettering. It will be up to them to offer (or not) as they please and any such transactions are entirely between the parties involved.
I'll put one set aside for you, Matt, and will PM the details to you. Anyone else who's interested, simply send me a PM.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:The larger lettering looks not too bad on full-height house cars, but I think that it would probably look best on more modern cars which are generally larger over-all.
The choice however, is totally up to the individual, and I would certainly not criticise anyone for their preference. I don't recall that biL mentioned any particular cars which he hoped to use, either. I've made my choices based on what I like and will, when I finally get the rolling stock, be adding gondolas, covered hoppers and a boxcar.

Wayne

You're right, the large lettering have a 50s-60s look. Once lightly weathered, I'm sure it will looks even better and will tone down the size.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/