MRR Mag rant....
Sumpter250 Wrote:I did check with the post office, and it is the magazine publishers who have chosen not to protect their product.
I've only had one real "issue" with the unprotected mailing, and that was back when it first started. Since then nothing major.
Like I said, I haven't had any issues with an issue (pun) 35 with them arriving damaged for any magazine I subscribe to. What amazes me though, is those little cards and other inserts that they put in the magazines. They all seem to arrive where they were put. Normally, I'll take the magazine by the cover and shake it so they all fall out, but they did manage to get through the postal system. Ya got to give the USPS credit for that. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Stein...Thanks for that link to Kalmbach....I just finished giving them a piece of my mind.. Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Im still amazed that publishers send product out through the US postal system without any form of protection from an envelope or plastic wrapper and expect it to arrive safely.

And somehow in the majority of cases it does seem to arrive safely.

Having seen video footage of how mail is handled at sorting facilities, how is this possible?

Wouldnt it just be better to send periodicals out in a wrapper so that the customer receives a A class copy?

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:Im still amazed that publishers send product out through the US postal system without any form of protection from an envelope or plastic wrapper and expect it to arrive safely.

And somehow in the majority of cases it does seem to arrive safely.

Having seen video footage of how mail is handled at sorting facilities, how is this possible?

Wouldnt it just be better to send periodicals out in a wrapper so that the customer receives a A class copy?

Mark

Well, assuming that the publishers have accountants who can count and sales people who knows their job, I can only surmise that they have made the decision that it costs them less to replace the occasional mangled issue (and having to have the customer service representatives read the occational email from a grown man behaving like a small child throwing a temper tantrum) than it costs to wrap all copies for shipment.

Smile,
Stein
steinjr Wrote:Well, assuming that the publishers have accountants who can count and sales people who knows their job, I can only surmise that they have made the decision that it costs them less to replace the occasional mangled issue (and having to have the customer service representatives read the occational email from a grown man behaving like a small child throwing a temper tantrum) than it costs to wrap all copies for shipment.

Smile,
Stein

You actually equate customer dissatisfaction with" a small child throwing a temper tantrum?" Icon_lol
MountainMan Wrote:
steinjr Wrote:Well, assuming that the publishers have accountants who can count and sales people who knows their job, I can only surmise that they have made the decision that it costs them less to replace the occasional mangled issue (and having to have the customer service representatives read the occational email from a grown man behaving like a small child throwing a temper tantrum) than it costs to wrap all copies for shipment.

Smile,
Stein

You actually equate customer dissatisfaction with" a small child throwing a temper tantrum?" Icon_lol

No. I am comparing the way he is dealing with the problem with a child throwing a temper tantrum.

The problem is relatively trivial - one copy of a magazine that has a couple of crunched corners. The reasonably mature way to deal with it is equally trivial - you either ignore the damage, which does not prevent the reading of the magazine, or you request a replacement issue.

Instead the OP apparently had a need to post five photos to illustrate a couple of curled corners on a magazine, ranting about how he "swear to never subscribe to their rag ever again", whining about how the Kalmbach web site made it impossible to complain (when there was a "damaged/missing" issue in plain view in the first drop down box), and talking about "giving them a piece of my mind". It is essentially throwing a tantrum.

A slightly crunched magazine is not one of the great dramas in life. No need to make it a major drama.

But enough about this subject. Let's move on.

Smile,
Stein