Watch out! Black & whites!
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Thats pretty close Ralph.
Replace that wide vision caboose with a Pennsy "porthole", and you'd have it.

Oh geeez!!! I didn't even notice I grabbed the wrong caboose!!!! I had it planned in my mind's eye! Smile Wallbang
You have a Pennsy "porthole"?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Well, actually no, but I have a couple of cabin cars that aren't wide vision and would have been closer. Smile
Ralph Wrote:Well, actually no, but I have a couple of cabin cars that aren't wide vision and would have been closer. Smile
Ralph, If you have any desire to have one here is a link.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bowser-trains.com/hocars/n5c/n5c.htm">http://www.bowser-trains.com/hocars/n5c/n5c.htm</a><!-- m -->
The PC's are down the page.
Charlie
Thanks Charlie! I missed seeing this post for a while. I may actually attempt a bash of a porthole N5C. Meanwhile, time to get this tread active again!
An E8 crosses above Ulster Ave.

[Image: IMG_0933-1.jpg]

Ralph
Hi Ralph---thanks for restarting this thread---here's CNR #4100 crossing the Maitland River bridge on Doctor Wayne's EG&E

[Image: doctorwayne2007063.jpg]
Grand Valley Consolidation #27, rolling through Elfrida on an Eastbound. It's 94 degrees in the shade, and even the birds are quiet. A couple hundred yards ahead lies the line's only tunnel, cool and dark, but, unfortunately, all uphill:
[album]146[/album]

[album]156[/album]

Wayne
Another B&W that's been making the rounds....

Attached Files Image(s)

Gus (LC&P).
I suppose I should add another one...it has been a while. NIce images above you guys! Smile

[Image: C-train-w-smokeadjBW.jpg]
Great shot Selector....!!! The N&W is probably my favorite "steam" road....Particularly those humongous Y's....What type of Y is that doing pusher duty..? Are the curves superelevated..??
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks, Gus, and HI! It is the PCM version of the Y6b. Yes, the track is somewhat superelevated here, and some of the effect you see is imparted by the lense angle.

-Crandell
In the late 70's I saw 3 different boats running long nose forward. I can't see an "F" on the long end so I am guessing it is running backwards.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Steamtrains Wrote:Another B&W that's been making the rounds....
That's a nice yellow light in that black and white! Big Grin What's the story behind that one?
Hi Everyone---I like the looks of CNR #4100,even from the rear-end

[Image: doctorwayne2007049.jpg]
TrainNut...That pic was worked over by my son with a program called "Picasa". You can "return" some areas of color to a B&W picture (assuming it was color to begin with). How it's done is beyond me.... Nope

But it looks nice.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).