recycled card stock for multi-uses
Hi all,

I have a tip on using recycled card stock(cereal and other food boxes) not only do I scratch build with this material, I also use them as a protector of the work bench surface when casting or painting and they are disposable.
I realize I am bringing an old thread back to the top but I oviously missed this one last year.Robin Matthysen was very prolific with cereal cardboard .He built the building pictured here (actually all the buildings on his layout) from cereal box cardstock.This one was built in 2003.I have this one and one more that he sent me shortly before he died in 2005.He was most definitely a cardstock master.

[Image: catfood3.jpg]

[Image: catfood4.jpg]

Everything you see on the building is made from cardstock and painted with craft paints. (these pics were taken by Robin ,I need to take new ones someday)
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Great to see Robin's work as always. Beautiful work! I always admired his steel mill as well!
Robin was the King of cardstock for sure, his talents are sorely missed. Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Robin lived a couple of hundred miles from me and while we talked on line a few times , we never did meet , unfortunately . I wasn't aware of his illness at the time and perhaps he kept that from everyone . He was the cardboard King , that's for sure .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
It was just before Robin's passing that Val had invited the Big Blue members to a cook-out. During that weekend, I got to run some N scale on Robin's layout, and see all the cardstock modeling he had done. :o :o
" King of cardboard"?
I'd have to say better than any "King"
Good people, great modelbuilder, sorely missed "Big Blue Member".
I'm always willing to learn something new and/or useful. I certainly learned a lot from Robin, that weekend.
This Lobsterman's shack was built with "recycled" cardstock. ( and a lot of individually cut and applied, paper shingles )

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!