Itsy-bitsy teenie weenie threads
HaH!--- Ya thought in couldn't spell bikini didn't ya? Or is that reference so dated that no one that can still walk without a cane or walker won't get it? Probably. Well here is what this post is really about.

One of the problems I have run into many times is not being able to find small enough screws to hold some model together.
finding any hardware much smaller than 00/90 is darn near impossible , not to mention EXPENSIVE ! 00/90's are about a buck each and the 000/120's I saw once were outrageous!!
There is a solution --- I bought this set a few years ago , but had not seen them for sale anywhere again till now. The set is on E Bay ---(-"Disclaimer"---- I got no dog in this fight --I am not selling it nor do I know the person who is. ---Ok thats out of the way . )
Take a look at what I am talking about . This set will both make internal and external threads as small as .7 mm-- thats about .020 !! The largest is 2 mm. thats about .078 --- all pretty small! They go up .1 mm at a time.
I have made little bitty nuts by drilling .062 brass , tapping it with the .7 mm and filing it into a a square or a hex configeration and cutting a it off the parent rod. I have also threaded .020 brass rod and by using one of the nuts I made soldered on the end made a little bitty bolt out of it! This kit is about 20 some odd bucks , I am sure happy to have mine -- take a gander , no hobby shop I have ever been in has anything like it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/190572470531?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649">http://www.ebay.com/itm/190572470531?ss ... 1423.l2649</a><!-- m -->

Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
Maybe yellow polka dots..?? Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Wow!! I can't believe there has been NO interest in this tool ! On top of that the link is STILL good today --2 years later.
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
" That's what she wore for the first time today"
If it requires smaller that a 00-90 ? - - - - - - - - - - - - - Glue! :o Thumbsup Big Grin

I have a hard enough time drilling, tapping, and getting the screw started at size 00-90 !

That thread plate could be used to put threads on my shackle bolts, and the taps to thread the shackles... Eek Eek Eek Eek Icon_lol - - - Nope Wink Glue! Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks for that link - order gone in !