On the road with Doctor Wayne
WOW :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ! what a trip, glad you gents had a good time, and a safe ride home.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I'll add a few more.
This shot of the P&LE Ohio River bridge between Beaver and Monaca, Pa

Looking east at the local heading down the Bayard branch. She will work the mill at Midland, Pa and head downstream to East liverpool and Wellsville, then probably to Mingo and return if they have time.    
The 2573 is waiting for the local to clear so she can take her train into the yard at Conway. It is coming of the PYA line that comes from Youngstown and points north    
And the surprise is the NS business train heading for home. It is about to pass under the bridge at MP 44.1 in Enon Valley, Pa.    

Charlie
Thanks for all the feedback---glad you're enjoying the trip.Our tour director (Charlie) certainly knows all the right spots for railfanning,although there was one disappointment.After a perfect day in spite of a few inconsiderate foamers,Charlie took us to another great spot to get one more shot of the Berkshire---a secluded access road right next to the tracks with a slight curve---an ideal spot---we could hear the whistle and saw the smoke and I was really getting excited with the prospect of getting a side shot as she slowly passed on the outside track.Then it happened---before the 765 appeared,a regular freight came around the curve first and slowly passed---blocking our perfect shot.

[Image: P1140127-1.jpg]

Knowing we already had some good shots,we were able to contain our disappointment without freaking out.As it turned out,there would be more opportunities for a few more pictures.
cn nutbar Wrote:[Image: P1140127-1.jpg]

Don't worry,
"Künstlerpech" (artists's mishap) we call it here. A near perfect shot of the valve gear.
May be, this photo will be good for photographic artist challenges. Wink
Or some years later, post it again here and ask which loco was it :?:

Lutz
It's a perfect steam shot....engineers side and rods down. Many steam photographers would not photograph a locomotive unless it was in that position.

Charlie
Hello again---I'm glad Charlie provided details of the locations---here's a few more shots

[Image: P1140302-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140336-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140323-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140307-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140301-1.jpg]
Hello again---here's a few more shots from our trip

[Image: P1140050-2-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140083-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140094-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140107-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140187-1.jpg]

[Image: P1140202-2.jpg]
Hello again---a few attractions off the mainline

[Image: P1140030-1.jpg]

[Image: P1130968-1.jpg]

[Image: P1130971-1.jpg]

[Image: P1130970-1.jpg]
Where do you find the old Geeps? They look operational. Are they still in daily operation?
Reinhard
Reinhard,
Old Geeps are not extremely rare in this area of Ohio/ Western Pa. Numerous shortlines have them on the roster. These that Ed has posted work on the Youngstown and Southeastern Railroad (former Youngstown and Southern). Indiana Box Car Company is the designated operator, and they run 3 days a week or more if needed. Currently the biggest customer is a pipe plant in Darlington Pa that is receiving pipe for gas well casing. They get at least 6 cars a week .
Charlie
Hello Reinhard---I believe these locomotives are from the Youngstown and Southeastern RR.Doctor Wayne and I would see them each day as we passed through East Palestine on our way to Charlie's home.I'm not sure what "Tishomingo" on the nose and side of the locomotives refer to,hopefully Charlie may have more information

[Image: P1140031.jpg]

[Image: P1140028.jpg]
Thanks Charlie---you beat me to the punch,much appreciated---actually the location is North Lima OH.
Thanks to both of you for the fast response. That area might be a good choice for future short line layout with Geeps in a time frame in this century.
Reinhard
Tishomingo Railroad is a short line in Mississippi that was run by IBCX at one time.
Charlie
Garrison Keillor's opening song on Prairie Home Companion is called Tishomingo Blues. ("Hear That old piano...")
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.