Wolfgang Dudler (WTfan) has passed on
I am sad to report that master model railroader Wolfgang Dudler (of Westport Terminal Railroad fame and a member here) has passed on. According to a post by Crandell Overton (selector) in the Kalmbach model railroader forums and posts on Yahoo groups, Wolfgang - who revealed that he had a serious illness late last fall - slipped into a coma on August 2nd, and passed away last night.

He will be missed - as a great modeler, as someone always willing to share ideas, and of course as a human being with many friends and loved ones.

My deepest sympathy to his friends and family!

Stein
Really sorry to heasr that, Stein - I didn't know he was ill. A great modeller - I loved his Westport terminal. Deepest sympathy to those he left behind - RIP
Jack (aka Shortliner)
I will miss him indeed. His layout and his web page have been my guide to startup into the US model railroad. I met him ones and got the opportunity to switch on his layout. He was a very friendly man.

His web page in memory http://www.westportterminal.de/wt.html
[Image: wdubarge.jpg]
Reinhard
This is very sad news indeed. I never had the pleasure of knowing him personally, but I've admired his artistic skills for a long time, he was truly a master of the craft.

My deepest condolences go to the family and friends - RIP

Svein
It is always sad when we lose one of our members. Condolences go to his family and friends.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I am very sorry to hear that. My sympathies to his famiy and friends. Thanks for letting us know.
Ralph
That is very sad indeed, his modelling was a great inspiration to me, and I'm sure many others.

My condolences and sympathies to his family and all who knew him.

Kev
Such is life
My condolences go to his family and friends. He was an excellent modeler.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Wow! What horrible news. I've emailed him several times over the years. He is a great guy. Always willing to share his expertise and a good sense of humor.

The good news is him, John Allen, Linn Wescott, and others must be building one hell of a train layout up there. What would they model and what would the layout be called.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
What sad news

I'll miss him.
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
Es tut mir sehr Leid, dass Herr Dudler nicht mehr mit uns ist. Er war ein guter Mann, sehr freundlich. Ein trauriger Tag. My condolences to his family.

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Chuck Wrote:Es tut mir sehr Leid, dass Herr Dudler nicht mehr mit uns ist. Er war ein guter Mann, sehr freundlich. Ein trauriger Tag. My condolences to his family.

Chuck
Yes, a very sad day indeed. I used some of Wolfgang's ideas in some of my projects. He was a tremendous help.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
In memoriam to Wolfgang!
I was known personally to him and we have had many many discussions about model railroading and shared ideas and hints.
So his last project - the narrow gauge model layout "PUEBLO & SALT LAKE RR" - will be unfinished (and the doctor has give hime 10 more years). Wolfgang, we will missing you!
Look for one of his last activities with FREMO - Narrow Gauge meeting in January - or visit his website.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Once he started posting videos of his Blackstone items running on excellent trackwork, I started following his blog with great interest. Unfortunately, I was beginning to get the same vibe I got from the late Carl Arendt's site late in the game -- the updates weren't coming like they'd been, and this is no surprise. It's a great shame when we lose people like Wolfgang and Carl Arendt.
The flags of Sag Harbor Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Co., and it's affiliate railroads, fly at half staff in memory of you, Wolfgang Dudler.
Be at peace.
To the family and close friends, Grief is a heavy burden to bear. Know that this burden is being carried by so many, world wide, who knew and respected Wolfgang, for his talent, and his friendship. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!